skinnyguy911
Participant
@skinnyguy911

Hey guys, had a free touch up session with my artist (she wanted to change some things).Here are the results.
-Lips changed
-Previous hollowed cheek reworked into flowing hair
-Line touch ups
-White highlights

Let us know what you think brahs.

2h4dbuc.jpg
xc7k8z.jpg
a1pgep.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Very big improvement Congrats.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

looks much better! the girl’s face has softened a lot! nice! 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yeah, nice job. This looks good now.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Solid 67890

skinnyguy911
Participant
@skinnyguy911

Cheers guys, Yeah I really like the hair addition and the change of the lips.
Now just researching more on what to finish the sleeve with, I was thinking a japanese woman half putting on a Hannya mask looking at a Samurai. Early stage thinking at the moment.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Look’s awesome man i really like it! Congrats!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

it might just be me, so feel free to get the others opinions, but for me its the dragons eyes that bug me… they look kinda dead with no pupils and lack depth and it stops me from being able to appreciate the rest of the piece because its one of those little niggly bits. i think if you just got them changed it would bring just that last little something to the piece 🙂

skinnyguy911
Participant
@skinnyguy911
kittykat200;104144 wrote:
it might just be me, so feel free to get the others opinions, but for me its the dragons eyes that bug me… they look kinda dead with no pupils and lack depth and it stops me from being able to appreciate the rest of the piece because its one of those little niggly bits. i think if you just got them changed it would bring just that last little something to the piece 🙂

Yeah, I wanted to leave any sort of pupils out because i had a lot of complements from people saying that it looked better off without pupils, and since they are two simple dots I thought I would just see how it pans out.
Cheers though

ArniVidar
@arnividar
skinnyguy911;104166 wrote:
since they are two simple dots

Is that the Traditional Japanese way?

I much prefer the reptile versions, but I guess they don’t fit at all with the Traditional.

Dragon_Eye_by_ShadowDragon22.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I was told that traditionally the pupils wouldnt be finished on the samurai until the time of his death, once the pupils are tattooed on the dragon he will come alive, this is practiced by many artists I have come across

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
mrchen;104188 wrote:
I was told that traditionally the pupils wouldnt be finished on the samurai until the time of his death, once the pupils are tattooed on the dragon he will come alive, this is practiced by many artists I have come across

i thought that was meant to be a geisha, funny looking samurai! 😉

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen
skinnyguy911;104166 wrote:
Yeah, I wanted to leave any sort of pupils out because i had a lot of complements from people saying that it looked better off without pupils, and since they are two simple dots I thought I would just see how it pans out.
Cheers though

kittykat did you miss the posters last comments? He was wondering about dragon pupils?………….but we understand, youve been making Christmas Merry!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i was making a joke lol never mind guess im on my own with this one lol

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I was hoping you were! Good to see you around today, I missed the board last week the days I was gone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.