Amok
Participant
@amok

Great collection, and that Anne Hathaway tattoo is very realistic

Joink
Participant
@joink

Ah I can finally see your album. Really nice ink dude. How much have you spent in total on all of it?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

220 hours I think he said?

Anyway, nice collection mrchen. I agree w/ you completely. No need to settle for crappy artists when there are so many good artists out there.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you gotta figure a couple of these guys are expensive, Brandon Bond requires a $500 deposit sent to his girl, then he will decide if he will ALLOW you to come to his private studio, he tattooes who he wants, his rate is $200-250 a hour, minimum 4 hours (this may need updating)

Russ Abbott is $170 and hour but only charges actual machine runtime, no BS

some other pretty high

good thing is when you have this much ink and it is from artists that the other artists you are working for respect you just may (IM NOT SAYING YOU WILL) get some really discounted rates………..why?
Because your stuff get photographed, when your piece gets photographed usually others do too, plus you attend conventions, you are willing to go show the ink and sit for photos, that stuff counts, you need to be willing to sell your artist, the shop and their work……….if you like what you got, I see no problem telling others, I have been well taken care of…………actually THESE GUYS REALLY TOOK care of me

if I had to buy this ink you are looking north of $30,000 us, I got some money, I aint got that kind of money

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

people spend alot of money on things, good weed, nice shoes, rims and car parts, jewlery……..but many cut corners on ink???

I never understood that, its your body for Gods sake?………..this shit doesnt come off??

spend some money………but dont panic either, you aint gonna spend 10 grand getting a backpiece, go meet with a shit hot artists and TALK about it, tell then how much you got, what you can put into it, talk about breaking up the sessions, you can usually work something out that aint bad…………….

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.