Anyway you could get a better picture?

Stew1972
Participant
@stew1972

Yeah, it’s a little blurry.

Cypher
Participant
@cypher

that was the pic the artist took right after finishing the tattoo… i’ll get another one better 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Congrats on your first ink dude.

welcome to the forum

Cypher
Participant
@cypher

Now comes, for me, the worst part that is the aftercare… i’m worried if i don’t get it right i my tattoo after healing will become ugly :/

Joink
Participant
@joink
Cypher;95933 wrote:
Now comes, for me, the worst part that is the aftercare… i’m worried if i don’t get it right i my tattoo after healing will become ugly :/

Don’t worry about getting it “right,” just keep it clean and use fragrance free lotion. My artist over-worked some areas on both of mine, so I couldn’t keep those parts from scabbing. Now that the scabs are coming off I’m seeing spots where touchups will need to be done. Touchups are free and it’s always fixable, so don’t stress so much about it if it happens.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Welcome.
The worst is about day 3 when it become itchy. It’s just annoying and you can’t scratch it, that is a big NO.

Cypher
Participant
@cypher
Joink;95939 wrote:
Don’t worry about getting it “right,” just keep it clean and use fragrance free lotion. My artist over-worked some areas on both of mine, so I couldn’t keep those parts from scabbing. Now that the scabs are coming off I’m seeing spots where touchups will need to be done. Touchups are free and it’s always fixable, so don’t stress so much about it if it happens.

The tattoo as a layer above the skin level that is hard and rough… is that scabs? and when i put the lotion i see some ink coming off… is that a sign that i have to wash it better?

Hmm there’s a problem in the free touchups… i’ve made my tattoo in Canada where i am just in vacantions and next week i’m returning to my home country (Portugal) and i’ve been told that artists don’t like to touchup other artists tattoos… i’ll ask back home if they can do anything if i need but of course i’ll have to pay for it…

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi and congrats on your first tattoo! Welcome to the forum!! :):):)

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Aftercare for me is leave it the hell alone, a little bit of non-scented soap and water occasionally and try and enjoy the itch as much as possible

Joink
Participant
@joink
Cypher;95952 wrote:
The tattoo as a layer above the skin level that is hard and rough… is that scabs? and when i put the lotion i see some ink coming off… is that a sign that i have to wash it better?

Hmm there’s a problem in the free touchups… i’ve made my tattoo in Canada where i am just in vacantions and next week i’m returning to my home country (Portugal) and i’ve been told that artists don’t like to touchup other artists tattoos… i’ll ask back home if they can do anything if i need but of course i’ll have to pay for it…

When its first done you want to get all the plasma off. It will scab though because its an open wound and you cant wash it in your sleep. Just keep it clean with fragrance free soap and use fragrance free lotion after a few days. The ink coming off is normal and only lasts a day or two. DO NOT pick at the scabs or peel it. And dont get too much sun on it. And no, artists only touch up their own work for free.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

The tat looks cleanly done – as best as I can tell from that pic. Congrats.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Cypher;95933 wrote:

Don’t worry so much about it. It is hard to break a tattoo. Just remember when it comes to lotion and ointment less is always better then to much and wait at least a half an hour to apply it after washing it.
Hard to tell with that pic. it may be good.

Cypher
Participant
@cypher

so here is a new pic of my new tattoo… just took it after washing it… no lotion yet, i’m letting air out for 30min everytime i wash it before i put the lotion…

is it healing ok?! I’m quite concerned about it… just let me know what u think please 🙂

Day 3:

hpim3803.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.