JSho
Participant
@jsho

I got my second tattoo on my wrist about two weeks ago. I’m having doubts about it and feeling like it looks bad. I feel like in the lower part of the g there is a little blowout. What do you guys think? Does this look like bad work? I’m concerned it looks like an amateur did it. I was also told tattoos on the wrist may spread. I’m worried if that happens you won’t be able to read it in a few years. Please let me know your thoughts…?

http://twitpic.com/6ep8px

http://twitpic.com/6ep9gk

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

387489381.jpg

yes that looks like a blow out along with lots of other areas. The wrist skin is very thin and blow outs can happen by a non experienced tattooist.
I’m a little confused was this done professionally?

Oh and Welcome

JSho
Participant
@jsho

Wow. That breaks my heart. I did get it done professionally. What can be done about it now? Can it be fixed?

And will this look worse over time? It’s less than 2 weeks old right now.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m sorry this happened to you but most tattoos have imperfections in them. It is tightly drawn so going over it and sharping it up will be tough. I won’t say it can’t be fixed because there are some amazing artists out there.
Maybe adding some flowers and vines will help.

JSho
Participant
@jsho

Thanks for your input. I understand most have imperfections. I just wonder if it looks horrible as is? Or in your honest opinion, does it look ok?

And will the appearance deteriorate over time? Someone told me wrist tattoos “spread.” I’m worried it may not be readable in several years…

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Well on my computer that pic is about 5 times the natural size and yes I notice it butt I look at tattoos all the time. 99% of the people will never notice it. Don’t stress it it looks fine.

Joink
Participant
@joink

It doesn’t look terrible.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

the line work is good, like buttwheat mentioned, the skin there is very thin and blow outs in that area happen quite easily.
It really doesn’t look horrible. Maybe he or someone else, can fill in around the letter with a colour, like a pink, or an light green. That would bring out the black, but also cover over a lot of the blow out

JSho
Participant
@jsho

That’s all helpful. Thanks for the input, guys. I think I’ll go to a really reputable shop in town and see what they have to say. I think an outline could really help. Or they may have some other ideas.

JSho
Participant
@jsho

Anyone else have any other suggestions? Should I even try to get it fixed or maybe even covered up with a dove or something?

Thanks, all

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

If I were you, I would wait. The tattoo, for what it is, isn’t bad at all, very clean lines. In a few years or so, be the judge yourself, or if we’re still here, post again 🙂

No need to fix anything right now in my opinion

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
JSho;95825 wrote:
Should I even try to get it fixed or maybe even covered up with a dove or something?

Will you ever be happy with it as is?
If not go to a great artist and talk about ways to fix it or covering it.

What area of the world are you from? Maybe someone can help find a good shop in your area.

JSho
Participant
@jsho

Thanks for the input, Zach. I definitely don’t want to make any rash decisions and make anything worse. I appreciate your opinion, too. I like to hear what outside sources honestly think when they see the piece. I want it to be something I’m proud of. The word holds a lot of meaning for me and I have a great story to go with it (one I’d like to share with others).

Buttwheat–
I’m not sure if I’ll ever be happy with it because I see the imperfections and I know they are there. My main concern is with the blowouts and that it will look much worse over time. I guess I should wait to see what happens.

I live in Nashville. I know Black 13 is a great shop. I think I’ll take it to them and see what they honestly think.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, it’s somewhat fuzzy, sure, but I wouldn’t say it needs fixing.. nor do I actually think it can be that easily fixed. My suggestion would be just wait for 3-4 months and see how it looks then. The more faded black will be faded even more, and it may not bother you anymore after that.

JSho
Participant
@jsho

Thanks Arni. I think you’re right. I think it’s best for me to let it heal up and wait a while and then see how I feel about it. Don’t wanna make any rash decision that leaves me more unsatisfied.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.