Joink
Participant
@joink

Got this done today at Johnny Ray’s tattoo shop in Tucson, AZ. It still needs shading, but I think it came out great.

IMG_0217.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks pretty dang good. I hope the color and shading goes as well as that line work looks. If I ever got jap work it would be something in the lines of that. Congrats

Joink
Participant
@joink

Thanks, me too. I’m probably not going to have color done actually. I like the black/grey look. I might add color later, but I doubt it.

Amok
Participant
@amok

looks good, congrats on the nice ink

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Congrats that is a very nice piece i can’t wait to see the end result. Welcome to the forum

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Looks very nice! Congrats!! :):):)

bluey
Participant
@bluey

It looks good and will be great when finished. The problem is one is never enough, nor is 2 or 3…

PvtDonut
Participant
@pvtdonut

yeah dude that came out sick i love the concept of it not only how well done it was. i agree with the black and grey btw i prefer that with a little bit of color but nothing extremely bold. anyways whenu decide to get another one make sure to post it lol

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Wow nicely done! It’ll look really snazzy with the shading. Definitely stick to black and gray, I think too much bold color can ruin these types of tattoos – makes them look *too* busy, ya know?

Grats on the nice piece, take good care of it! 🙂

IG-808
Participant
@ig-808

looks good, can’t wait to see it finished. also good to see someone else from AZ on here!

Zenma
Participant
@zenma

Very nice! This is along the lines of a tattoo design I’m interested in getting done, in the same area too. 5/5 looks great.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
Thaela;93883 wrote:
Wow nicely done! It’ll look really snazzy with the shading. Definitely stick to black and gray, I think too much bold color can ruin these types of tattoos – makes them look *too* busy, ya know?

I’m going to say the COMPLETE opposite of this.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
maniacthw;94031 wrote:

Second that.
It would look spectacular loaded with bright colors.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Thaela;93883 wrote:
maniacthw;94031 wrote:
ArniVidar;94402 wrote:
Second that.
It would look spectacular loaded with bright colors.

Thirds on this

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

My advice bro, even if you plan on sticking with B&G you should still get another session to put in all your mid tones, subtle tones, highlights etc. Looks real good but looks to me like the artist was under the impression that you would be adding color in the future, because thats how we shade when doing a color piece not a B&G piece. 1 more sitting for more grey tones and it will be stellar!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.