mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Im a new kid around here, old in ink 220 hours and more coming, I dont want to use a ton of bandwidth, please check out my album, I use some good artists, several world class, most of the pieces you will see have been published, thanks

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

Good shit man! You’re the definition of a tattoo collector…many great pieces and by different artists. and incase I didn’t say it before: Good shit man!

–tom

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome again. as I welcomed you in your first introduction thread http://www.thetattooforum.com/new-member-atl-t19294.html?t=19294
Glad you added pics Great collection you got there.
what do you mean by “most of the pieces you will see have been published” Does that mean we are to recognize them? or that you are just bragging a little that they all have been in mags? Really not trying to be an ass just a honest question. I really like most of your tattoos

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Thank you for the welcome,
yes most of this work has been in magazines, skin art, skin deep, international tattoo art a couple of times and a Jim Beam documentary called “The Stuff Inside”…………you may have seen them, maybe not, some have even been copied poorly…………… I collect ink, I think my artists have done a great job, I would recommend them to many on t his site……….I see so many people on here with ink they do not like and regret getting………….I only go with known artists, guys who win trophies at conventions and get ink published in the mags almost every month of the year……..I do not take a chance with my body………………..I cant brag, I didnt do the work, but support my artists, you bet

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I am a picky son of a biscuit eater when it comes to ink. I have seen the many of best artists in the world tattoo and seen their work at conventions, I have seen so much work in the 33 years I have traveled from shop to shop, all over the us from coast to coast and over alot of the planet,the tattoo industry is full of people who should not tattoo and should starve to death, but they dont, people let just anyonje tattoo them many times, I dont understand that…………………. whoever is a moderator, I apologize, I am new and will try and play nice

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
mrchen;92713 wrote:
.I cant brag

You ca brag all you want and you should you have some good ink. I would classify you as a tattoo snob welcome to the tattoo snob club there are several of us here.
No I haven’t seen any of your tattoos in magazines but then again my tattoo magazine collection consists of one. I don’t even know if any of mine have every been published there has been a ton of pics taken.

mrchen;92714 wrote:
I am new and will try and play nice

No don’t just stay honest. There are way to many people that know shit about tattoos that post “oh that is so nice” well no it looks like shit. Stay honest Bro.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Thanks BW, if I give my opinion its only to help, I want people to get GOOD ink, no thats wrong, I want them to get GREAT ink……people approach me everyday and ask me where my ink came from, many of them have a piece they are not happy with and they ask questions about lazer, cover up and rework, I wish I could catch them all before they made the mistake f just letting anyone the counter help hooks you up with tattoo you………….I dont like regret, I dont want to regret what I get. You may not enjoy the choices in art I choose, but I can help you find a GREAT artist………I want eveyone on Tattoo Forum inked up bad to the bone!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Welcome to the forums, mrchen. As buttwheat says, honesty is very good. I just ask people to not intentionally DESTROY people when they come in here looking for feedback. If the ink is crap, say it’s crap, but don’t call the bearer a stupid fucking retard for being so god-damned ignorant to get that piece of shit on his skin 😀

Your tattoos are awesome, by the way. Not my cup of tea, but brilliant none the less 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

Pretty nice collection overall, a few I don’t really like but nice. I’m a huge fan of Russ Abbott andthe pieces by Josh Woods jump right off the page.

IG-808
Participant
@ig-808

welcome to the forum…you have a nice collection.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

nice collection for sure. i especially like the josh woods, brandon bond, russ abbott pieces. the davee and paetzold pieces are cool too. thanks for sharing.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

if I didnt say so I really thankyou all for the welcome, pretty cool site, some pretty cool folks hanging out.

I just want people to get the best tattoo work they can, we need to try and educate folks about choosing artists, shops and how to prepare for and plan the work. Too many folks running up to me everyday with work they dont like……..work they found out isnt so good after seeing what other folks are wearing….this is an incredible art form which has really made some big strides in the last decade. machines, inks and artists are off the chain…..lets get some folks booked and in the chair, I about full of ink, but I love seeing people get some great work put on, love it

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yodaddynukka you have an eclectic and very impressive collection, jess yen is one of my favorites and had I lived in the west coast Id probably live in his shop, awesome work man

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.