artistofwar
@

Hello all, I’m new to the forums, and am loving all the info and pics here.

I just got my first tattoo today, and I’m planning on incorporating it into a traditional style Japanese sleeve. I’m looking for feedback on the part I have done now, and some suggestions as to what to put into the sleeve.

I was originally thinking of a koi on my forearm and a dragon on my upper arm/shoulder, with a water/wave style background.

Just trying to piece together my options. Sorry about the low quality picture, my phone is my only way I can take pictures right now.

Thanks in advance!

2011-07-16001625.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I don’t know if what im about to say is possible but if your on about a water background it would look pretty awesome if you made them symbols look like they are really old and under water and making it look like there like buried in sand a bit as though they are under the sea or something.

Just a idea i think that would be pretty awesome.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Not that many sleeves I have seen have the Kanji encorparated in unless it was there before. Take a look at Shige’s gallery and Jess Yen both superb Japanese masters. If you can’t find inspiration from their websites you aren’t after Japanese work.

stewroids
Participant
@stewroids
goldengraemes;91710 wrote:
Not that many sleeves I have seen have the Kanji encorparated in unless it was there before. Take a look at Shige’s gallery and Jess Yen both superb Japanese masters. If you can’t find inspiration from their websites you aren’t after Japanese work.

Shige has amazing work – you should really reference his work and grab a couple of ideas. I have two Japanese style half sleeves right now, check out my album if you want to take a look at them :]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.