DonJuanMair
Participant
@donjuanmair

This would be my 6th tattoo. I have both ribs, shoulders forearm and now this on my chest. It was supposed to be the start of my sleeve and then connect onto my right shoulder.
I think that it would have been better to cut it off and not include the knee so it would have flowed better with my body…..

what do you think?
5919814959_6b20e1f7f6_o.jpg

and here is what i mean by removing the knee area

5920405546_c679523be7_o.jpg

not perfect obviously just a quick photoshop job

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, the connection to your shoulder and arm is furthest away from the knee, so whether it’s there or not should have no impact on the sleeve. You speak as if the idea of the sleeve is no more because of it.

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

looks good, that just means you need to do another chest piece on the other side.

no biggie haha

DonJuanMair
Participant
@donjuanmair

well i do still plan on getting my sleeve i just felt that i should have got this without the knee on the angel.

ha about the other chest piece. I think the chest area hurt more than both my ribs so ill hold on that one for a bit

Amok
Participant
@amok

never mind 🙂

DonJuanMair
Participant
@donjuanmair

here is a close up,

the guy who didnt isnt cheap btw

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Not having seen the original, that looks to be pretty solid work to me.

Amok
Participant
@amok
DonJuanMair;91035 wrote:
here is a close up,

the guy who didnt isnt cheap btw

Looks better, thanks for posting. I retract my previous statement, must just be my eyes 😉 But to answer your original question, I think it looks great with the knee.

DonJuanMair
Participant
@donjuanmair

Thanks guys for the feedback. I’m happy with the work itself was just questioning the placement. Which of course was my faukt. But you guys are re assuring my choice

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that knee. You’ll just have to work that into your chest piece whenever you get it, and you might even just decide to use the knee-area as a blending place and actually cover-up some of it. That’s years in the future, though, so don’t sweat it.

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

no way looks better as is . i think it’ll link nicely to a sleeve and i like the framing on the chest better than if the knee wasn’t there. looks good and sits well with your chest

Amok
Participant
@amok

So what are you planning on adding?

DonJuanMair
Participant
@donjuanmair

thanks again for the comments all.

Im getting a black and white i found of virgin mary, its really detailed itll practically cover my upper arm and shouldder

Amok
Participant
@amok
DonJuanMair;91089 wrote:
thanks again for the comments all.

Im getting a black and white i found of virgin mary, its really detailed itll practically cover my upper arm and shouldder

nice man, that’s gonna look sweet!

DonJuanMair
Participant
@donjuanmair

im hoping so, i think once its done itll look good. im definitely going to stop there once i get my sleeve done though. I would have liked the same artist who done my ribs do my sleeve but we had a bit of drama and she wasnt really being as professional as i would have liked. So i found another in Vegas that was meant to be good and so it begins again 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.