Moth
Participant
@moth

This is my very first tattoo (and my first post!). I’ve been thinking about the design for some years now, and I finally decided to go for it without further ado.

A friend of mine did it, she’s a tattoo apprentice at the local tattoo and piercing shop (which is part of a Norwegian tattoo/piercing studio chain). I had seen her earlier work so I knew she was getting pretty good, I would never have gone to a random apprentice.

It took 6 hours, with several breaks. Phew! And it was really painful at the end. But I don’t care, I love the result! 🙂 I paid $560 for it (apprentice price plus friend price :p).

So far it seems to heal well. I got it on Friday, and so far there has been no noticeably plasma, no itching and no scabbing. But it’s still pretty fresh, so I guess the itching, peeling and scabbing is gonna come later.

By the way, it’s a moth – not a butterfly :p
So, what do you think of it?

Moth.jpg

EDIT: The price had somehow disappeared, haha.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Looks great man, congrats!

PS the itching will come!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your first tattoo, It is really quite nice. 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome. Congrats on your first ink. Stick with your friend she has talent and will become a great tattooist some day.

Moth
Participant
@moth

Thanks 🙂 Buttwheat, I think so too, she’s getting good really fast!

Btw, it has started to peel now. I’m looking forward to when it’s fully healed, to see the end result.

Kytt
Participant
@kytt

Awesome ink, and I’m in total agreement that your friend is going to be an absolutely amazing tattoo artist one day!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

amazing detail and very good quality! be proud to have that on your back!

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Nice tat, but I’ll be the one to say it: It needs some color!

Moth
Participant
@moth

You’re all so kind! 🙂

Maniacthw: Haha, noooo. I don’t want colour tattoos, at least not at the moment. And moths are pretty much colourless anyway :p

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
Moth;90277 wrote:
Maniacthw: Haha, noooo. I don’t want colour tattoos, at least not at the moment. And moths are pretty much colourless anyway :p

Truth… It’s just my opinion. Nice piece, but a subtle blue in the tip of the wings will make it POP!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

i actually think color would spoil it, im loving it in black! 😎

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

very good job for an apprentice!

Kaleoz
Participant
@kaleoz

I love it. Seriously nice work.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

That’s one heck of a good job there. Your friend is going to be good 🙂

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Welcome to the sickness! Looks great, I’d be proud if I had done it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.