supfresh92
Participant
@supfresh92

Feel free to give me your opinions and be honest. I appreciate not everyone has the same tastes :). I’m happy though. The original idea was to have a 3 stages of the same panther pouncing from shoulder to chest – however the small size would of compromised the detail, and i wanted it as detailed as possible – so the artist had to work around it a bit – went for 3 slightly different panthers – first one representing power, second ferocity, third agility. 3 attributes that are important to me 😉

dwrhqw.jpg

fnwrj6.jpg

2ecg1lj.jpg

2irmafq.jpg

biwa6r.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I like it dude!! looks cool:cool:

supfresh92
Participant
@supfresh92
WardyInk;89657 wrote:
I like it dude!! looks cool:cool:

Cheers bro. I’ve been a bit worried about the panther on my chest- it’s a lot different to the other 2, i just didn’t want them all to look the same. Like i’m obsessed with panthers on roids lol.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

they look better all different 😀

Adler
Participant
@adler

The only one I like is the one on the back although the pictures aren’t very good. The other ones look off and out of proportion. The one on the chest doesn’t look like a panther at all and is overall pretty bad. Sorry dude, being honest.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Adler;89719 wrote:
The only one I like is the one on the back although the pictures aren’t very good. The other ones look off and out of proportion. The one on the chest doesn’t look like a panther at all and is overall pretty bad. Sorry dude, being honest.

Have to agree there, not real impressed with #2 or #3. The first one looks pretty good, but you might want to go for a second sitting with a different artist on the other two.

supfresh92
Participant
@supfresh92
Adler;89719 wrote:

No problems dude. I know the second one has strange proportions, but i kind of like it, was supposed to look pretty fucked up and insane. (Well how i imagined it anyway). The chest one i agree is very strange, i chose a strange looking drawing because i didnt want to have 3 panthers all looking similar. From a better view it doesn’t look as bad though.

EDIT: What can i do to take better pictures?

supfresh92
Participant
@supfresh92
Dave Van;89720 wrote:
Have to agree there, not real impressed with #2 or #3. The first one looks pretty good, but you might want to go for a second sitting with a different artist on the other two.

You thinking cover up? I can live with 2 tbh. Possibly change 3.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I don’t understand the tattoo. You said you wanted 3 stages of the same panther but they look like 3 different animals. I think you could have used the same panther but in the 3 different poses or positions and it would have made more sense to me. But again, it’s poorly done so it really wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
supfresh92;89722 wrote:
No problems dude. I know the second one has strange proportions, but i kind of like it, was supposed to look pretty fucked up and insane.

Nope, just out of proportion and rather sucky. I’ve seen alot worse, but these ain’t nothing to be proud of.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

supfresh92
Participant
@supfresh92
KnightHawk;89742 wrote:
Nope, just out of proportion and rather sucky. I’ve seen alot worse, but these ain’t nothing to be proud of.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

I’m open to opinions. But i’m not sure how worthwhile they are. No offence but i look at the majority of your ink and think, wtf, why would he get that shit?

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=368&pictureid=5469 for example

Maybe Tattoos are just too subjective.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Yes, art is subjective.

supfresh92
Participant
@supfresh92
Amok;89772 wrote:
Yes, art is subjective.

Indeed, but there is usually some sort of middle ground perhaps? I try to appreciate art as best as i can, even if it’s not my taste.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
supfresh92;89773 wrote:
Indeed, but there is usually some sort of middle ground perhaps? I try to appreciate art as best as i can, even if it’s not my taste.

I used to be the same way and am sure most people started there. You just have to train your eye.

As for the tattoo, it looks like a new artist. Hey, they all start somewhere. If that’s the case, he did well for a beginner. The panthers aren’t HORRIBLE… But they’re not amazing either.

supfresh92
Participant
@supfresh92
maniacthw;89783 wrote:
I used to be the same way and am sure most people started there. You just have to train your eye.

As for the tattoo, it looks like a new artist. Hey, they all start somewhere. If that’s the case, he did well for a beginner. The panthers aren’t HORRIBLE… But they’re not amazing either.

I wouldn’t say he’s a beginner, yet i’m not an expert.

Here is some of his other work, you decide.

15czuxy.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.