Hells High
Participant
@hells-high

Hey guys,

So I recently got my first tattoo as a sort of graduation present to myself. I’m going away to animation college in the fall and I wanted something to remind me of home; being a big artsy person and having been in love with tattoos for most of my life I decided it was a logical choice.

I was sitting in math class and totally doing math instead of doodling and got an idea of what I wanted. I thought of a closed rose, the romantic looking kind with a single cut green stem and two leaves. In order to add something about my family, I thought it’d be cool to make it look like it was going under my skin 4 times; one for each of my 2 brothers and my mom and dad. Originally, I had the idea of putting the words “Live” and “Love” in the leaves, but I wanted something a little more traditional and “tattoo-esque”, if you will- so I added the banners (My ‘motto’ or whatever has always been “Live you life the way you want to and love the people in it”, hence the “Live” and “Love”.)

originalidea.jpg

It was pretty traditional and kind of oldschool and I liked it, but I wanted something more stylish (which I later learned was newschool art, heh)- but I had no idea how to do it. When I took it to my artist, I told him to put a spin on it and make it awesome. And he did just that. I am incredibly happy with it and know that when I look at it I will be reminded of all the people I care about in my life.

270688_10150668849295156_651465155_19360410_3209338_n.jpg

ta2xw.jpg

Cheers,

Hells High

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome and congrats on the new ink.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

looks cool dude!

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Welcome. Congratulations on creating your own design then finding an artist talented enough to pull it off. Looks great!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Congrats on the tattoo.

Jerrrsh
Participant
@jerrrsh

that looks much better than I thought it would while looking at the sketch. Good artist, congrats ๐Ÿ˜€

Hells High
Participant
@hells-high
Jerrrsh;89557 wrote:
that looks much better than I thought it would while looking at the sketch. Good artist, congrats ๐Ÿ˜€

Yeah sketch was mine because I really have no idea how to draw tattoos. He went off that and made it much better.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Looks good – congrats. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.