BCarp
Participant
@bcarp

Couple of years back got a Moby Dick tat on the outside of my left leg. Have added to it over time, and got it finished in a 3-hour sitting yesterday (OUCH!!!). It’s now sort of a lower-leg “sleeve” with Cpt. Ahab (from the same set of Rockwell Kent illustrations) added on the inner side, and the spaces filled in with Polynesian style tribal work.

Check out the various stages, and the final result here, and let me know what you think!

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy

LOOKS NICE MAN! what was your motivation? just liked the story?

BCarp
Participant
@bcarp
DOJAGUY;89283 wrote:
LOOKS NICE MAN! what was your motivation? just liked the story?

Indeed! My favorite novel of all time (as well, the 1956 movie version w/ Gregory Peck). Plus, always been interested in nautical history – especially whaling….

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Very, very nice tattoo! All flowed together very well. Interesting idea you had there.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

HPIM1846.jpg

0621011501.jpg

Cool idea man congrats.

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy

You planning on adding any more to it bro?

BCarp
Participant
@bcarp
DOJAGUY;89315 wrote:
You planning on adding any more to it bro?

Nope, I’m calling this one finished. Time to move on to some cover-ups and restorations of some old ink I’m sporting from decades past!

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy

YEAH IM doing the sleeve in my album as a coverup… all those tatts we thought were cool when we were younger lol. now that im older with money, might as well cover it up with some bad ass work right? what else you planning on getting?

ChiVer
Participant
@chiver

I’m totally diggin the theme. maybe its just me, but it looks like he has a boner, an un-circumcised one at that. otherwise solid work.

BCarp
Participant
@bcarp
ChiVer;89529 wrote:
I’m totally diggin the theme. maybe its just me, but it looks like he has a boner, an un-circumcised one at that. otherwise solid work.

It’s his coat-tail blowing open in the sea breeze, but I applaud your active imagination…! 😀

BCarp
Participant
@bcarp

A look at the original Ahab illustration:

ahab1.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.