imorais
Participant
@imorais

I got my first tattoo, a back piece, and it was with an artist that had been well-recommended.

I assumed he`d be able to do a good job, but unfortunately I`m not happy with the result.

leaod.jpg

The colors aren`t good and the mane outline is not well done. Do you guys think I can get this fixed? How good could it possibly become?

I`m worried I`ll have to have this on me forever, so below my standard.

Thanks!

Kaleoz
Participant
@kaleoz

In the right hands, that could easily be touched up, cleaned up and made to look much sharper. Maybe a little darker in the shading, and the mane could be given a softer edge that blends into your skin. Don’t fret too much. At least the Lion isn’t cross-eyed. It could have been much worse.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

to get it covered up you would need to go bigger. looks fairly easy to cover, tho you better go to someone known for cover ups and not just some random shop.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Kinda looks like he had a stroke. Sorry about the bummer tattoo I don’t think there is much in saving that. It’s cover up time. Do better research on your cover up artist then you did on this one.

ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller

Your tattoo can be fixed so dont worry to much. You would do well to research your artist better next time. But like I said a good artist who does photo realistic work can salvage this.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

That’s awful man – sorry. 🙁 I think buttwheat is right … it’s going to be more of a cover-up than a fix, but it definitely looks like you’ll be able to cover it up ok.

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere

It’s not the worst tattoo I’ve ever seen, but it is far from the best. Good luck getting this covered up.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
imorais;86597 wrote:
I got my first tattoo, a back piece, and it was with an artist that had been well-recommended.

I assumed he`d be able to do a good job, but unfortunately I`m not happy with the result.

leaod.jpg

The colors aren`t good and the mane outline is not well done. Do you guys think I can get this fixed? How good could it possibly become?

I`m worried I`ll have to have this on me forever, so below my standard.

Thanks!

It’s a relatively light, light piece, which is a GREAT thing for tattooers who take part in fix-ups. IMHO, I don’t think a coverup is necessary, no way, no how. A good artist can manipulate darker colors into the grand scheme of things and make this out to be one BADASS piece. Darker golds, yellows, blacks and shading/texture would do the trick alone so I’d just do a ton of re-search around your area and pick the right artist for you to fix it up to your liking, which shouldn’t be hard for a good tattooist.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.