Kaleoz
Participant
@kaleoz

I was looking for something to represent my daughter. She’s a big fan of manga style animation. (Studio Ghibli Films) So we drew her up, and now she’s inked. 7 hours and 22 colours later… When she saw it her reaction was great. She squealed, laughed and then grabbed it… It was less than an hour old and it was my turn to scream.

Job is half done. Rest of the lower forearm will be done in a few weeks.

Artist is Craig Goss @ Method Ink in Brisbane, Australia.

manga_tattoo_by_Craig_Goss_Method_Ink.jpg

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

looks like it is well done, congrats! but on a side note, that looks nothing like studio ghibli stuff. ghibli is more cutesy and this is more manga.

Kaleoz
Participant
@kaleoz

Yeah, I was looking for something more Manga. Too cutesy would ruin my street cred… 😉

Here was a Ghibli style character I started drawing up for my youngest daughter. I’m trying to ‘man’ it up. (The style, not the cute girl) 🙂

23.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

t looks great man. Congrats. 7 hours seems like a pretty slow pace for it but very well done.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Congrats, nice job putting a different spin on things to represent your daughter.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

real nice…………but what are you getting below her ????

make sure it fits in………

Kaleoz
Participant
@kaleoz

We stayed with the Japanese theme. I let her choose a few different images. We found a Japanese landscape painting she loved, and combined it with an engraved ‘rising sun’ theme. She’s happy, and thinks it’s super-cool, so I convinced her it was my idea and ran with it. 🙂 I’ll post up the template we’re working from, and show you when it’s finished.

Crane
Participant
@crane

That looks like a great tattoo! I’m sure it hurt since it took so long to do >.<

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere

Great tattoo. Love manga myself. Although her chin is REALLY pointy, I think the artist did a great job.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.