TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

This is my first tattoo I went to aztec ink and i love how it came out
The reason I got this tattoo is because I feel as if I go to school work and go home as just another person
and I felt this would be perfect because it just reminds me who I am.

It took about 2 1/2 hours
What do you guys think of how it came out? there a couple of things that has to be done
like the bars that go across on the helmet

familycresttat.jpg

thats about 3 hours after the tattoo was done

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

*insert mexican based joke here*

Its not to bad at all.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

Honest opinion. Lines seem to be a a little shaky and the helmet looks brutal. I don’t know if that’s how the crest is suppose to be, but that’s my opinion.

Cheers,
Marcus

clay1680
@

yea man not the best tattoo ive seen, but my opinion doesnt mean shit. i can say those fleur de le…(dont know how its spelled) are extremely off and like OP^^ said there are some shaky lines.

downriver
Participant
@downriver

Looks just like one I started a couple weeks ago, still needs a few things, including banners… But similar designs

a57d6531.jpg

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235
FEARoftheDARK;82926 wrote:
Honest opinion. Lines seem to be a a little shaky and the helmet looks brutal. I don’t know if that’s how the crest is suppose to be, but that’s my opinion.

Cheers,
Marcus

I Kinda don’t blame him for the helmet, I gave him a horrible quality of a picture, and that last bar of the helmet was not supposed to be part of the helmet it was just a metal piece sticking out but when i looked at the picture i gave him i can see why he would confuse it when tracing it

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235
downriver;82932 wrote:
Looks just like one I started a couple weeks ago, still needs a few things, including banners… But similar designs

a57d6531.jpg

yours came out real nice, you decided not to get it in color?

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
TheJuanAndOnly235;82920 wrote:
This is my first tattoo I went to aztec ink and i love how it came out
The reason I got this tattoo is because I feel as if I go to school work and go home as just another person
and I felt this would be perfect because it just reminds me who I am.

It took about 2 1/2 hours
What do you guys think of how it came out? there a couple of things that has to be done
like the bars that go across on the helmet

familycresttat.jpg

thats about 3 hours after the tattoo was done

IMHO, it’s not bad at all but it could be better. The line work is totally shaky and seem to be too thin, which leads me to feel that the tattoo lacks depth that a family crest would need and it’s left dis-organized with amateurish line-work. Like I said, could be better but so could all of ours 🙂 Congrats on your first.

Ryalt
Participant
@ryalt

I like the colors, and it looks like a family crest.

I can honestly say that giving the artist a bit of free reign and direction can do a world of good though. I had my family crest done last week, and my brother had the same, and I really like how it turned out:

2011-03-07_20-07-12_854.jpg

It started out as something very similar to yours. But as I read up on family crests, the “helm” is something that is in the artist’s interpretation. So my brother and I chose one that fit us.

I love family crest tattoo’s, and think it’s going to be great for you.

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235
Ryalt;83161 wrote:
I like the colors, and it looks like a family crest.

I can honestly say that giving the artist a bit of free reign and direction can do a world of good though. I had my family crest done last week, and my brother had the same, and I really like how it turned out:

2011-03-07_20-07-12_854.jpg

It started out as something very similar to yours. But as I read up on family crests, the “helm” is something that is in the artist’s interpretation. So my brother and I chose one that fit us.

I love family crest tattoo’s, and think it’s going to be great for you.

Yours looks awesome!
and yeah I love mine as well, there are a couple of things that could have been a little different
but in the end i love it,
Its on my thigh and I have wanted to make a sleeve out of my thigh as well(I saw your thread) but i have no clue how i would do it

chiguy
@

Ok guys, Ive been contemplating this same piece on my chest, maybe the size of my hand. A girl that does work quoted me at 240 I was unsure… she said 220 then, her bottom line. Tell me, from what you guys got, mine is almost identical, the concept of it. What did you guys pay if you dont mind me asking? Heres a link of what it is. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thetreemaker.com/coats/Downing-Scotlandt.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thetreemaker.com/family-coat-d/downing.html&h=155&w=125&sz=7&tbnid=y4QC8W152JJ9nM:&tbnh=97&tbnw=78&prev=/search%3Fq%3Ddowning%2Bfamily%2Bcrest%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=downing+family+crest&hl=en&usg=__AMvfjy5xWSBGE_lvO9yY1cL2Sus=&sa=X&ei=mw3QTahKxvbSAeri8fYN&ved=0CCgQ9QEwAw

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’d like to see that gilr’s portfolio and $240 seems cheap which isn’t a good thing. Remember discount tattoos aren’t good.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Very shaky line work and I agree with one of the previous posters who pointed out that the lines are too thin, but what matters is that you like it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.