Cody2210
Participant
@cody2210

I recently got a tattoo last wed and it’s healing but its now missing some of the detail in it like my tattoo disappearing in some spots I’ve never had this happened before at all 😡
She is supposed to put in the color after it heals so I’m not worried about getting it touched back up this is really annoying me

this is when i first got it done
72ty53.jpg

now after

xdeekp.jpg
r7sqd4.jpg
15ho4sx.jpg

downriver
Participant
@downriver

Somethings wrong here, maybe you are rejecting the new ink. You should see a doc if it progresses.

You are keeping it clean and moisturized right?

Cody2210
Participant
@cody2210
downriver;82599 wrote:
Somethings wrong here, maybe you are rejecting the new ink. You should see a doc if it progresses.

You are keeping it clean and moisturized right?

Yes I’ve been keeping it clean and moisturized , idk I have a tat on my ribs and on both forearms and it’s never done this before so idk ….

Could a shower affect it?

TatNub
Participant
@tatnub

ya a shower can affect it. i forget how tho.

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

That’s pretty crazy. I’m not sure what’s happening there, but it would freak me out anyways. Why don’t you go back to your artist and see what they have to say..

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

has it scabbed at all? or have you been picking at it or scratching it? looks like a ton of color fell off. otherwise i think it is a fairly well done tattoo.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Hmm, sorry. I’m not sure what’s going on there. If it were me, I would probably swing by my shop and have my artist take a look at it. I don’t think it’s poorly done, I think something’s happening, but I’m not sure what.

Cody2210
Participant
@cody2210

No I haven’t scratched it or nething and that’s what freaked me out like I haven’t don’t anything..
She said she made some line that would probably go away but don’t freak out n worry Its for something she doing with shading or something of that nature when I go and get all the color in but she said she would fix any that messes up.. So I’m hoping it it doesn’t mess up a lot… Maybe I messed up on taking care of it? Idk maybe it’s the shower that did it? Any advice for next time? And yes it scanned but I didn’t pick nething off of that I keeping it about hopefully it heals right

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

What kind of soap are you using? I know my shop recommends using Dial hand soap. One thing I have found for me personally is I can’t use the Dial for longer than 3 days, or else it dries the tattoo out too much. I switch over to plain Dove or Ivory soap for washing after the third day.

A shower shouldn’t bother your tattoo at all unless you’re either using SCALDING hot water, or letting the spray hit the tattoo directly before it’s fully healed. You should let the water hit above the tattoo, then cascade down over the ink. ALWAYS use a CLEAN towel, and pat the tattoo dry after after every wash.

The only lotion I’ve found that is truly scent free is Aveeno Daily Moisturinzing lotion. I was using the Lubriderm on my tiki tattoo, and kept getting little infected ingrown hairs, so I think the lotion was just too heavy. The Aveeno is a little bit lighter, and I haven’t been getting the clogged pores using it.

Good luck!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It looks like she did a good job if shes not worried about then you shouldn’t be. Keep us posted.

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

Granted I’m not the artist and I’m completely guessing. But it looks like what you have now is just guide lines for when you go in for the shading and all that.
However like I said just a blind guess, cause I’ve also never seen anything like that before.

Cody2210
Participant
@cody2210

The soap is called coast, and I don’t have my water scalding hot but it is kinda hot and I don’t keep it directly on the tattoo I let it hit the side of me and spray off on it… But yeah imam try not to worry about it until I do my 2nd session with her when I get all my shading and color she will fix it w.e. Is messed up if in some spots wasn’t supposed to disappear.

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

I’d go back to the artist and see what they have to say. That looks horrible now. It could be your body rejecting the ink or maybe a shower, i”m not how though either but that could effect it. Hopefully you can get it redone in those spots and fix it.

jake03
Participant
@jake03

update?

that is crazy 🙁

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

That is straight up poorly done and poorly taken care of by the looks of it.

Guide lines my ass,get real. I’ve seen guide lines before and they don’t look as poor quality as this.

Harsh but my opinion.

Cheers,
Marcus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.