buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Am I the only one that thinks the line work on these tattoos are pretty wonky? The shading and realism are great but the line work just looks a bit off.

downriver
Participant
@downriver
buttwheat;82025 wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks the line work on these tattoos are pretty wonky? The shading and realism are great but the line work just looks a bit off.

Realism and perfect linework do not work together with animals and wildlife… Alot of my lines are done with a greywash and will fade out more than black, it is what makes it realism. Tattooing is just a fun media change for me, wildlife art is my thing and I always try to avoid uniform lines.

Look, no cartoon outlines 🙂

titmice.jpg

rosereduced.jpg

rbwoopeckersreduced.jpg

GreenFrogreduced.jpg

sawwhetreduced.jpg

I’d love to see some of your tattoo work or artwork buttwheat.

Cheers,

R~

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Dude chill your artwork is truly great and your tattoo work is real good. I’m not an artist nor do I play one on TV. That doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion on artwork or tattoos. If you don’t want criticism just show your work to your family. Again I like your stuff I just pointed out about your line work looks a little off. Example there is a line off one of the points on the leaf that just keeps going after the leaf stops. Or on the frog the left front arm looks like it comes to a point where it attaches to the body and the right front arm has a line through it at the “hand”.

downriver
Participant
@downriver
buttwheat;82036 wrote:
Dude chill your artwork is truly great and your tattoo work is real good. I’m not an artist nor do I play one on TV. That doesn’t mean I can’t have an opinion on artwork or tattoos.

No it doesn’t, thanks for your thoughts. Just remember, art is subjective and there is no right or wrong, just different styles. Example: I think Picasso is $hit, but some people love it. I always figure that as long as my client is happy then that is all that matters, afterall they are the ones wearing them not their critics.

Peace

R~

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.