downriver
Participant
@downriver

This is my first post here. I don’t see very many lifelike and biologically accurate snake tattoos, it’s more common to see the traditional Japanese style with thicker lines and solid fill. Here’s one I did a couple days ago, a portrait of a local species of snake. This was a custom design based on what my client wanted. He is a biologist and studies this particular species so getting it accurate was important.

stevemarksfoxsnake015reduced.jpg

stevemarksfoxsnake013reduced.jpg

Cheers,

R~

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

i love it…………..very nice work…..was the leaf idea yours or his????? it perfectly fits so that snake doens’t look like it is coming out of the leg

…where do you work out of ?

i hope that other poster with a “snake tattoo” here sees what a good tattoo looks like………

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

Excellent work, I like!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Odd first post. Instead of the “you dont see many” crap just say man check out the realistic snake tattoo I just nailed. Awesome job great tattoo be proud of that. The leaf looks a little flat and like not much time was spent on it compared to the snake.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Very nicely done snake and I like the concept of it coming out of the leaf but I agree with the above post about the snake looking better than the leaf. I suppose if one is going to look better than the other, though, I’d rather the snake look better.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Excellent job on the snake there. Would love to see a healed picture, to see how the colors hold up.

downriver
Participant
@downriver

Reefdiver, thanks for the words. I though a maple leaf was fitting since most of the worlds population of foxsnakes is in Ontario, Canada… Which is where I am.

Buttwheat, odd response… But thanks.

Adler, thanks for your thoughts. The leaf and snake are completely different textures in life, I tried go capture that here… Maybe some finer detail Is needed on the leaf to complete it.

Arni, I will post a healed pic when I can.

Thanks for the comments everyone,

R~

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

I really love that tattoo, looks amazing!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Do you have any other work you can share?

RideRick
Participant
@riderick

The snake is amazing… nice work.

downriver
Participant
@downriver

Thanks Tajen and Rick, I appreciate it. Adler, here’s a couple more of a related theme…

milksnake_tat_0052.jpg

treefrog4.jpg

Cheers!

R~

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

that frog rocks…………..

where are you located ???

Adler
Participant
@adler
reefdiver;81916 wrote:
that frog rocks…………..

where are you located ???

I agree, thanks for sharing.

downriver
Participant
@downriver

Thanks guys! Reefdiver, I’m located in Windsor Ontario and work out of Downriver Ink, see http://www.russ-jones.com.

Cheers!

R~

RideRick
Participant
@riderick

Nice those snakes… 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.