StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

Hello all,

This is my first post here(hopefully the pics work), just thought I’d share my progress as it happens. Here is my sleeve after the first 3 sessions. Please let me know what you think!

feb18pic1.jpg

and another

feb18pic2.jpg

It’s going to be an Angels & Demons theme….the demon spirits are starting to come together (rising from the well) where they will be in conflict with angles fighting over the greek masks of divine comedy and tragedy symbolizing the choices of living life embracing your demons or following your angels.

–tom

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

pretty cool! who is the artist? just take really good care of it because all those small details will blob out over time if you dont.

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

the artist is Caesar ( http://www.caesartattoo.com ) in NYC, his black and grey work is amazing to say the least.

Adler
Participant
@adler
yodaddynukka;81720 wrote:
… just take really good care of it because all those small details will blob out over time if you dont.

That’s definitely good advice. Looking forward to seeing the progression, Caesar is certainly an excellent artist. Thanks for the pics.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

That’s pretty bad ass should look nice when complete.

Congrats!

Cheers,
Marcus

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks fanfuckingtastic
But do this:

yodaddynukka;81720 wrote:
just take really good care of it because all those small details will blob out over time if you dont.
Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Looks really amazing! Very awesome detail.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

I’m probably in the minority, but some real subtle color work will make that even more badass!

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue
maniacthw;81974 wrote:
I’m probably in the minority, but some real subtle color work will make that even more badass!

Patience is a virtue… lol, there will be a VERY small amount of color on the back of my tricep, but if I gave away all the details you wouldn’t have a reason to check back in 😀

–tom

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
StandardIssue;81979 wrote:
Patience is a virtue… lol, there will be a VERY small amount of color on the back of my tricep, but if I gave away all the details you wouldn’t have a reason to check back in 😀

–tom

What is this “patience” you speak of?

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Holy shit…that is F***ing AWESOME looking!!!

I can’t wait to see it when it’s all done!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

My opinion would be to keep with the black and grey. I think when you add a touch of color, large tattoos tend to look unfinished and less cohesive. It looks awesome by the way.

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue
DavidJednat;82046 wrote:
My opinion would be to keep with the black and grey. I think when you add a touch of color, large tattoos tend to look unfinished and less cohesive. It looks awesome by the way.

The color is not my idea, it’s Caesar’s….and a caged bird can’t fly…and Caesar is very good at flying, lol, I trust him; he has complete range to do whatever he’d like to turn my idea into an awsome piece of art.

–tom

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
StandardIssue;82057 wrote:
The color is not my idea, it’s Caesar’s….and a caged bird can’t fly…and Caesar is very good at flying, lol, I trust him; he has complete range to do whatever he’d like to turn my idea into an awsome piece of art.

–tom

agreed. caesar knows what he is doing.

Akolutos
Participant
@akolutos

That looks sweet. What was the inspiration for it? What does it say at the bottom? Great piece.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.