Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Woo Hoo! Can’t wait. A friend of mine went to the artist that did my horse to get her first tattoo . She was only able to get roughly half the outline done, poor thing. Granted, she DID go for the ribs for her first tattoo, ouch!

I had wanted to use my artist, Short, for my final tattoo that I’m getting on Saturday. Back in December when I booked it, the desk guy said that Short was having some family issues, and very probably wouldn’t be back tattooing. So I booked my 2nd choice. Now I find out Short IS back! I’ve struggled with the idea of cancelling with the guy I booked and going back with Short, but I guess I’m feeling like variety is good, right?

Still not sure what I’m going with. 2 things I know for sure; 1. it will be on inside of right forearm. 2. It will be a tiki mask.

Either going with a traditional tiki mask with some flowers to brighten things up, or going with a mask done in a style similar to the horse I have (in my album). Guess I’ll let my artist decide since even when people give me their opinions, it’s a split decision, lol!

Will post pics, of course!:D

Adler
Participant
@adler

I like the style of the traditional mask. Even though I like the way you did the horse, since this is a different piece in a different location I’d go with a more traditional style tiki. Good luck, look forward to seeing what the artist comes up with.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i really like the tiki horse. go with short.

Adler
Participant
@adler

See, that clears that up.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber
Quote:
Back in December when I booked it, the desk guy said that Short was having some family issues, and very probably wouldn’t be back tattooing. So I booked my 2nd choice.

Everything happens for a reason. Go with the flow, either way.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Lol Adler, see what I mean?? It’s pretty much an even split. Honestly, I really hear your point about the horse being a separate, stand alone piece. If I was going with a half sleeve or something on my left arm, it would be a no brainer. Since this will be ANOTHER stand alone piece, it should have its own vibe, its own personality.

Stu, you do have a point. I’ll post the pic of Matt’s that made me want to use him. I met the lady who is sporting the backpiece in the pic; she REALLY loves him. Short did SUCH an amazing job on my horse, but I would just feel so bad cancelling on Matt.

http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=131&pos=13

As I’ve stated over and over, I am no artist. But I really love this tattoo, and it’s what made me choose to go with Matt when I found out Short was out. If y’all say Matt sucks, then I will listen:) But I don’t think he does! I think he’s pretty amazing.:D

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78

Both artists look solid, go with whomever your most comfortable with. Can’t wait to see the pics.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Some of Matt’s work is really solid, but some others aren’t so impressive.

Looks like the style you’re going for should be ok.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Matt rocked my socks! The tattoo looks AMAZING!!! I am happy, happy, happy:D

The pic is a little awkward because the tattoo wraps a little more than I thought it would.

tikitat.jpg

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

very nice colors

Rider68
Participant
@rider68

Looks really solid. I like it a lot!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Despite all the stress and indecision that came out real nice, congrats.
Although you should have chosen the other style. 😀

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

NICE! I like the way you managed to work in some bright colors without doing the mask in the same style as your horse…. you can definitely see the mask.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Great new tattoo. I really like that it has penises in the background.

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

I really like the colouring style, especially on the flower – really gives it a solid theme!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.