Yung_Jay_Houston
Participant
@yung_jay_houston

hey i have two tattoo’s some stars and my daughter’s name MYA but i really want to have one clean really really clean half sleeve idk if i should cover the one’s up i have or keep them and add on i really need help trying to figure this out any idea’s???????

2011-01-10_22-53-15_846.jpg

2011-01-10_22-53-39_747.jpg

2011-01-10_22-53-47_279.jpg

2011-01-10_22-54-26_810.jpg

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

The name is just fine. Stars are overdone and uninspired. And yours aren’t that fantastic. Probably what you need to do is work on a sleeve that will incorporate the name and cover the stars.

You HAVE to go look at pictures. Everyone is unique. I really dislike skulls, zombies, blood, gore, or traditional tattoos with spider webs/guns/knives/razors/etc. HOWEVER, I can appreciate a well done tattoo of such subject matter; I just won’t have it put on ME.

The best thing to do is use a search engine to look at TONS of pictures. What do you like? What do you want your theme to be? Centered around your daughter? What does she remind you of? What does she lilke? What is representative of her to you? THAT’S what you need to be looking for. FWIW, I’ve found Bing to be more useful to me than Google when I’m looking for pictures.

Once you have a general idea of theme, and what you may want, THEN come on here and ask opinions on how to put it together. You may LOVE your stars and want to just do a whole new tattoo on your other arm; only YOU can decide that. Good luck to you!

alex305fl
Participant
@alex305fl

yo it looks good so far maybe add some clowns religous stuff a web what are you into

inquisitivekitteh
Participant
@inquisitivekitteh

I suppose it depends on the sorts of things you are into. I think covering the stars with a dragon might be cool? I assume you put your daughters name on your arm to pay her homage, so why not do your sleeve with her in mind? – what sorts of things remind you of her?

I think it might be kind of cool to pay homage to your daughter with the sleeve, by paying homage to childhood itself. Were it my arm, I might consider doing a Neverending Story piece (because I think it is a good metaphor for child like things) covering the stars with Falcor, the luck dragon might work?

You could edge the piece with the dark clouds of “the nothing” – You could either recreate scenes from the movie or just add some characters. I could see Morla the aged one, peeking out from the underside of your arm – the the words of your daughters name becoming tree roots and boggy bramble. You could add the sphinx oracles on the top of your shoulder, to crown the piece. Maybe have their eyes half open and the beams breaking through? You could also use Orin for the same purpose I’m sure, or add it as a chest plate addition to the sleeve. Artex and Atreyu would be cool, especially in the scene where Artex sinks into the swamp of sorrows. The rock biter, the bat and rider, the racing snail, and child like empress would all be great to throw in there. maybe even the ivory tower somewhere in the background.

There are just so many directions you could take it. I hope you like the idea, because I would love to see a finished piece.

Yung_Jay_Houston
Participant
@yung_jay_houston

Hey these are some great ideas yeah I think ima keep my daughters name Im going to need to cover up the stars and fill in my arm for the half sleeve can anybody post up some good pictures for I can visually see what it would look like

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Everyone has different tastes, I have pictures up in my album that inspire me and could possibly be some sweet tattoos, but you may not like them..

Search Bing.com for images that may inspire you, or search other members albums.

Zach

Yung_Jay_Houston
Participant
@yung_jay_houston

well iv been thinkig what do you guys think of a clean as koi fish design to cover up the stars and end on my chest a little thats what iv been looking at so far

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

A Koi would be alright, very generic though. I see them everywhere.

Just make sure you find an artist who has done solid Kois before, check out his portfolio.

Zach

Yung_Jay_Houston
Participant
@yung_jay_houston

yea true man this is hard i really want a whole half sleeve and i want it to look really good with color my left half sleeve is going to be my design arm so im just looking for anything

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Just think about it before making any decisions. A Koi is a good start, but look at some other traditional Japanese themes.

There are plenty of designs that would look completely bad ass, and in my opinion, a lot more bad ass than a Koi.

Hell, it doesn’t even have to be Japanese!

Zach

Yung_Jay_Houston
Participant
@yung_jay_houston

ok well spit out some ideas i’m looking for something that has an overall clean design with color that makes people look twice lol

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.