Thefrisbee
@

Hey dudes, alright I’m going to be getting my first tat soon, and I commissioned up one of my favorite artists to design me a little something since it’s going to be special.

I’m soo into this artist mainly cause of the linework he’s able to do, and the amount of detail. I’m just a little worried since I’ve seen some stuff around the nets saying that fine detail will fade over time and look like a mess.

So basically what do you think of the design, and do you think it would hold up nicely if I were to go ribcage area and fairly large? Oh, and I’m thinking of nixing the ground/root area and just having the tree inked in?

floating_tree_by_themrock-d34tmy2.jpg

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

im diggin the abstract, cartooney dr Seuss-esque design man, kinda cool. i dont think this would look bad. its not really that much “fine line” work… if you did it on your ribcage i think it would turn out fine. my only suggestion would be to add to it… just the tree alone might look a little…. plain? i’d say maybe add some sort of background, maybe some crooked, evil looking birds or something?

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I agree with Apostle for adding more, like a background of some sort.. Anyways, sick design but don’t worry about it fading over time, think about it like your tattoo is a part of your body (which it is) as your body ages, so will your tattoo ๐Ÿ™‚

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough
Apostle 228;78086 wrote:
im diggin the abstract, cartooney dr Seuss-esque design man, kinda cool. i dont think this would look bad. its not really that much “fine line” work… if you did it on your ribcage i think it would turn out fine. my only suggestion would be to add to it… just the tree alone might look a little…. plain? i’d say maybe add some sort of background, maybe some crooked, evil looking birds or something?

Agreed. Fine line work will fall out and potentially blow out especially on the ribs if you do not goto a good tattooer. Do you have one in mind? As for adding to it, just find a good tattooer whose work you like and let them work their magic! Pls post pictures once you get it.

bodyinktube
Participant
@bodyinktube

Pretty nice abstract looking piece of art, look very interesting once its applied on the skin! ๐Ÿ™‚

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom

Who’s doing it? Straight away I though Jesse Smith would nail that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.