Zorba like!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Nice start, who’s doing it?

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Thanks for the feedback everybody. It’s being done by Litos at Forbiddenimages in Newp Port Ricjie, Florida.
Its been 4 days since i got it done and im starting to get concerned. I did everything he said to do( put the ointment on for 3 days and then let it heal on its own after that) and it looks totally different. I realize tattoos are the darkest right when you get them, but it started peeling on the second day and a large majority of the color fell out with the skin. Its a drastic change in what it looks like now to how it looked the first day i got it. I’m gonna get it touched up by i dont want this happening every session i have. Any tips would really help!!!

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

it might only look so different because its so new and as you said they are darkest when they are fresh, i wouldn’t worry about it just yet as it can be touched up when its being finished

Adler
Participant
@adler

Be patient, hold off judgment until it’s fully healed.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Very nice portrayal there. The work is well done as well. Going to be one helluva piece to show off.

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Thank you guys for the feedback. I’m definently gonna have to get it touched up. I just want to knnow what i did wrong and how to contain the color better for the next session. I think i just let it get to dry, so the ink became to hard and flaked off early. Other than that I’m very happy with the work so far 🙂
Ill post a pick when it finishes peeling fully.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I don’t know, definitely talk to Litos about the ink. Two days is quick for peeling to start but I still say don’t rush to judgment until it’s fully healed. And be careful, you say you think you let it get too dry but too much moisture isn’t good either. I know people that have successfully dry healed an entire piece so again, wait until it’s healed, see what it looks like and talk to the artist.

Gatorpike
Participant
@gatorpike

It looks badass man! But a few weeks wait until it’s fully healed to see what it looks like before touching it up.

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Thanks for the advice guys.
Getting it touched up before it heals isn’t an option for me anyway since my artist has a waiting list, but I would definently wait to see the final outcome beofore making any decisions. I realize how long of a process thsi tattoo is gonna be.
Her face was done on my first sitting and I completely dry healed that part and it turned out great! but it did not start peeling until atleast the fourth day. i think with the wing I stopped putting the ointment on to early during the healing process; but who knows.
I have another session the 28th so I’ll make sure to get his advice and see anything I may need to do to better the healing process

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

While I love the shading on this piece, the linework on the scale? seems to be slightly off, it could just be the photo. Almost like the artist is changing how deep he goes in. The face seems out of perspective too, the mouth is quite defined while other parts are soft and understated.

As a whole I think it’s a nice piece but I think the artist could have done better. Also, if you have concerns take them up with the artist immediately. It’s YOUR body and YOUR money, you’re allowed to ask questions, don’t sit and wait until it’s finished and have regrets.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.