Inked_forever
Participant
@inked_forever

hi,

had this skull and roses started and js needed some ideas of things to incorporate into it i was thinking pirate themed but thats the only idea i had, iv since had it b+w shaded and im going to add colour to the roses next time i go.

IMG_0510.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Well there is the dead man’s hand cards. You could go with cracked dice, pieces of eight (old fashioned coins of silver maybe have a Medusa head as the face?).

Maybe torn pieces of treasure maps pinned into the skin.

There is also the swallows both fleshed and rotting/skeletal.

Lucky/unlucky charms (the unlucky ones were sometimes made from rotting severed fingers with the rings still attached dangling from a ring or chain).

Take care
Matthew

Sonofequinox
Participant
@sonofequinox

i dont have any ideas, but i really like the tattoo! nice linework

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

If you’re thinking pirate themed then you could also do a ship in a storm with lightening?

Inked_forever
Participant
@inked_forever
Sherav;77466 wrote:
Hi

Well there is the dead man’s hand cards. You could go with cracked dice, pieces of eight (old fashioned coins of silver maybe have a Medusa head as the face?).

Maybe torn pieces of treasure maps pinned into the skin.

There is also the swallows both fleshed and rotting/skeletal.

Lucky/unlucky charms (the unlucky ones were sometimes made from rotting severed fingers with the rings still attached dangling from a ring or chain).

Take care
Matthew

Thanks for that mate, some food for thought there 🙂

Also I was gonna go with a pirate ship on my forearm.

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

IMO the ship on your forearm wont work, i think everything should flow and the skull would just be too big to go with the ship, i like the idea of the charms/cards/dice ect.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.