irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

It’s the crossroads of highway 61 and 49, which is where Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil to become the greatest blues player that ever lived. That event, in turn sparked the whole idea behind the “badassness” of rock n’ roll (ie. sex, drugs, and rock n’ roll).

crossroadstattoo.jpg

It’s looking like this sleeve is going to look like a whole bunch of individual tattoos rather then just one whole theme, but that’s okay. I’m liking the way my arm is turning out.

crossroadstattoo2.jpg

And the front view:

rightarm112210.jpg

I’m going to next get an angel or a beautiful girl playing the piano on the backside of my arm. When it all heals, it should look pretty cool together. What do you all think?

Sonofequinox
Participant
@sonofequinox

looks great! really love the shading and detail

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Thanks bro. It’s my favorite piece yet!

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

So any other thoughts on how my sleeve is coming along so far?

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Damn!!! That’s some sweet ass ink I’ve got there!!!

I speak for everyone who didn’t comment.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Who’s doing this tattoo and where? Is it the same person or different people?

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

I got this last piece done by a really talented girl in my area. The other pieces were done by a different guy. I don’t know if these people would want me posting their names on the internet, so I’m not going to say who it was. I wish I would have went to the same girl for the rest of my arm though, but oh well…too late now. I’m piecing it together rather then planning out the whole sleeve at once. I’m happy with the way it’s coming along so far. I was looking for some input on other people’s thoughts as far as piecing together a sleeve is concerned.

mamajess
Participant
@mamajess

I think it looks really good, esp the part with the street signs and cow skull. Maybe you could repost pics without the irritation in your arm so we can see better? The other one looks so fresh it makes the original not look as good. It’s just hard to see it as a sleeve rather than individual tattoos. So put up some healed pics! Are you going to add any color at all? I’m curious as to the placement and angle of the girl/angel playing the piano. The angle would have to be just right to see her playing and see her face.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough
mamajess;77417 wrote:
I think it looks really good, esp the part with the street signs and cow skull. Maybe you could repost pics without the irritation in your arm so we can see better? The other one looks so fresh it makes the original not look as good. It’s just hard to see it as a sleeve rather than individual tattoos. So put up some healed pics! Are you going to add any color at all? I’m curious as to the placement and angle of the girl/angel playing the piano. The angle would have to be just right to see her playing and see her face.

Good idea, I think this is a good starting point for any advice you may be seeking……

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

the fresh piece is sick! the rest of the sleeve, well…

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Nice! I appreciate the feedback. That’s what I was looking for :D.

I agree that the fresh piece is awesome, and the rest is just mediocre. That’s my mistake going to a sub-par artist….but whatcha gonna do ya know?

I will post updated pics with the rest in there.

About the angel playing piano…I was also thinking the same thing. I was going to leave it up to the tattoo artist to figure it out, and see if it is even doable at all. I have an idea of what I want for the rest of my forearm too…but I really need to think hard about if I want it on this arm or my other one.

I’m not sure if I’m going to get any color. I like black and grey. What do ya’ll think about adding color?

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

update (95% healed):

rightarm112210.jpg

rightarm1122102.jpg

mamajess
Participant
@mamajess

This picture must be better because the top tattoo seems to look better than it did. Maybe have your artist freshen up the top piece a little. Whatever’s coming out the skulls’ eyes needs some kind of punch. Not sure if they thought there would be color in it or not, but that part definitely looks unfinished. What if you had a woman/angel laying on top of the piano instead of actually playing? Just kind of lounging and posing? Or you could have her straddling the piano bench, kind of a side view of her body, but with her face turned towards you, and then you could see the wings really well. She wouldn’t be playing but more posing on the seat. Also you could have her sitting on a stool instead of straddling the bench if you want it to be a little more tasteful. It would look like she just finished playing you a song and turned to see what you thought of it? But, either way, you could see her and the piano both. As far as color, I’d wait til you have it all done and see how you like it. You can always add it, but you can’t UN-add it lol. You might find that you love it in just the black and grey… Just my 2cents!

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Awesome suggestions! Thanks a lot! I was never really a color tattoo kinda guy, but who knows…Maybe color would look cool? Good suggestions about the girl and the piano too. I will bring these ideas up to my artist, and let her decide the best route to go. I’m liking the looks of this tattoo much more now that it is starting to fade into the same color as the rest of my arm.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

look forward to seeing what gets done next…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.