Madord
@

Hey all,

Just signed up as it seems this is a fairly helpful site. 🙂

After some advice. Looking at getting another tat. A dragon – Western style (Gonna burn your house down :p)

Looking at most likely getting it done over the shoulder or possibly down my arm.

Main thing I’m after is if anyone has any decent looking pics? Been searching the net for the last couple of weeks and haven’t really found anything I really like.

Any advice also on position etc.

Thanks 🙂
Madord

pberge
Participant
@pberge

Take a look at my gallery. I have a dragon that goes over my shoulder and onto my back. The style could easily be adapted to flow down your arm instead of onto your back.

Placement is a very personal thing. I wouldn’t change a thing about the position of my tattoo, but it depends on the look you are going for.

emmy
Participant
@emmy

It’s hard to find decent European dragons.
Lots of cool Japanese dragons though…

JesterPoet
Participant
@jesterpoet

Take a look at the good old Dungeons and Dragons classic illustrators. Larry Elmore, Jeff Easley, etc… or even the new guys like Todd Lockwood.

Plus, you can just start pulling kids books on illustrating dragons from your local library.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Have you figured out which shop or tattooer you are going to? If so, maybe they can help… Or goto your local book store or library and flip through the books. You can often find images that few others have used for references…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.