Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

Just joined, and introduced myself in the new member section…got this done on Sunday by Crow at Beelistic tattoo in Cincinnati. I’ve had the design idea for about 10 years, and am very pleased with the way it came to life. So far the only pic is from my cell phone right after she finished, so it doesn’t quite do it justice, but figured I should show it anyway :D.

tat2.jpg

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Beelistic’s a solid shop, even if I’ve never been able to figure out the name. My sister got her first dermal anchors down there.

Either way, that’s a pretty decent piece man. Welcome to the club.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Ya looks dope. He did a good job.
Any meaning behind it?

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

Thanks 🙂 I think she did a great job – now that it’s almost healed, I’ll be posting a new pic soon, it looks much better.

As for meaning, I follow a kind of mashed-up Pagan spiritual path. The tree comes from Norse and Celtic Pagan traditions, among others, where a “Tree of Life” theme is important. The shape of the tree is an Ankh, the Egyptian symbol for eternal life. The Pentagram is a symbol of protection, spirituality, and health from a variety of civilizations. I wanted to combine them all into one symbol that covered a variety of aspects from my personal spirituality. I suggested the design, my wife drew a basic sketch, and then I told Crow to have fun with it.

The tulip is for my father, who passed away in 2009 – he loved tulips.

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Your wife definently did a great job combining all those aspects into one piece, and your artist really pulled it off.
I’m sorry to hear about ur father, especially so recent. My dad passed away too so I know how you must feel. I’m dedicating my first tattoo to him… along with a couple other things like yourself

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Welcome to the site and congrats on your ink, a very nice piece of work.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

TaherH, thanks again Sorry to hear about your dad as well.

Vizzie, thanks to you to.

Knight, thanks as well. As for Beelistic’s name, the owner’s nickname is Bee, so he combined that with either ballistic, realistic, or both, and named his shop that way. WHatever the name, I actually dig the portfolios of every artist there, which I haven’t found with any other shops in the Cincy/Northern KY area. I live in Northern KY, so that’s about as far north as I looked, though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.