Miss. Harrison
Participant
@miss-harrison

I’m looking to get a half sleeve done for my 21st birthday which is in about a year and three months.
I’ve been toying with the idea of fairies…
I’m not a tomboy atall but i’m not really a bows and flowers kind of girl so i don’t want any really girly pink fairies.

Maybe some blacked out faires with small stars surrounding them…I’m not really sure how to incorporate it into a half sleeve but I’ve drawn up some ideas which I will post. I’m not a big fan of coour in tattoos so I try and stay pretty neutral with darker colours such as dark red/purple/grey…

If anyone has any suggestions that would be really helpful, maybe a fairy inspired half sleeve would be a bit stupid?? I dunno I do like the idea atm but got plenty of time to decide…

Thanks x

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Have you considered having a gothic themed fairy sleeve – in fact the traditional fables faeries whilst beautiful to look at were often associated with hidden dangers or caution.

The tale usually was around where a person would enter their court dance the night away and return to find a 100 years had passed and all they knew had gone.

Others would show the fairy as a magical being of wisdom, mischief, or even revenge. (People who thought they had offended the fairy folk would often lay totems at forest altars). This could take form of feathers, trinkets, or buttons, buckles, or small silver bells.

Perhaps these elements could be added?

Take care
Matthew

tatcanvas
Participant
@tatcanvas

I love the idea of the fairies. I reckon a huge, old, rustic looking tree snaking down your arm with the moon and stars in the background and the fairies all over the place around the tree, on the branches and poking their heads out from behind the tree, just me though, good luck, Peace.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.