Vcolassi
Participant
@vcolassi

Hey guys i am new to the forum. Also i have just gotten my first tattoo last week. It is a guardian angel for my mother. Which she just passed away in June. Only 48 years old she was. So as you can imagine its a bit hard to cope with being only 27 myself. So i figure this can be a way to have her by my side forever. I think it turned out great. I did request to have the face covered. I thought that would be more classy so to speak. I would like to add to the inside and back. As well as down to the elbow to make it kinda a half sleeve. I am not a fan of a tattoo with alot of space around it. What do you guys think of the work? Excuse the pics with the flash and the quality. Was taken after i had just got it done. Im thinking maybe add some more clouds or another religious or figure or painting type deal. Thanks for your time. Sorry about the link i was having trouble making it. 3509i0l.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/3509i0l.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/2hyweid.jpg

Vcolassi
Participant
@vcolassi

PS i am going back to my artist this week to get the wings touched up. At the end of them the lines are a little hard for me. I want him to soften them up with a shade type deal.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

It looks good! I think that clouds would look really good around it.

Can’t wait to see a healed picture of it.

I am sorry for your loss, I honestly cannot imagine what that has been like. ๐Ÿ™

Vcolassi
Participant
@vcolassi

Thanks! Yea some times or days are tough. But having this is like having a 200lb weight off of my shoulders. But yea i shall post a pic once it is healed. I really cant wait to add to it on the inside of the arm. I am gonna head to Barnes & Nobel today to browse through some art books. Maybe some more clouds below? Not sure I’m looking to go with a nice flush “landscape” type half sleeve. I see the addiction of tattoos now. I loved getting it. I joked sitting in the chair that im ready for another already lol. But deff wanna keep adding to this particular peice.

PS… I do wanna go and get the tip of the wings touched up. If you see what i mean. The lines i think can be softened a bit with some slight shading. Should take no more then 10 mins. My artist said i was welcome to come back for a touch up.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Yeah, I agree that the wings could be softened up a bit.

Here is a cloud picture that I came across a long time ago and I think that would fit into your tattoo.

0011-HC.jpg

Just a thought! ๐Ÿ™‚ Something along the lines of this type of cloud(s) ๐Ÿ™‚

Vcolassi
Participant
@vcolassi

Yea in 3 weeks im gonna go back and get the wings softened up. Other than that i love it. I was thinking maybe adding a few clouds up top as well. I have noticed i have some spare room up top after its starting to heal. I had long red sun ray lines before from the needling. I think that might direct some attention away from the sunset rays over the head. And i did not want any words originally. But i was thinking maybe adding a short but sweet to the point saying under the angel. Surrounded by a band of clouds. Here is kinda of a example pic i found of the net. Maybe also put a dove or something else in the band of clouds 2iasqkm.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi and welcome.

Sorry for your loss – I also lost my parents at an early age. I can only say that with time it becomes more bearable but never really leaves you.

The tattoo is a legacy of your love for your mother so I would suggest maybe a dove with a locket or something shaped in a chain that was special to your mother around the throat and lifting up into the sky surrounded by clouds.

Prayers or phrases upon the wings or within a cross/star/scroll/ wings of the dove are often a nice representation.

This is an awesome site for religious inspired ink http://www.religioustattoos.net/Other_Tattoos/index.php.

The tat is very nice and a healed pic would be great.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.