Dukeevans
Participant
@dukeevans

I got this back in april 2010, this picture is seconds after it was finished, it looks much better now that it’s fully healed.

JKr
Participant
@jkr

I like it. Curious as to what the inspiration behind it is?

Dukeevans
Participant
@dukeevans

thaks.
the inspiration came from a lot of things.
my religion christianity. which is why the man is praying with the dove flying over
and there are crosses incorporated into the hourglass wood.
basically symbolizing praying and being led through storms in life and struggles, by god.
also a big part of the inspiration came from the fact that I was born with Cystic Fibrosis
the average life expectancy is around 34 years.
which is why there are cracks in the hourglass
even though you can kinda know when your time runs out.
you could get hit by a car or shot any minute
so you never really know and you just gotta live for today.

JKr
Participant
@jkr

Thats some seriously impressive inspiration. Very deep.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

I’m gonna be honest. For the amount of thought you put into the inspiration, you should have researched your artist better. Your idea had some serious potential, but the design looks flat and one dimensional. Not to mention the overall look is amature. I have no artistic ability and still think I could draw a better hourglass and the dove, cmon.
Again, just my opinion and if you like it, what I say doesn’t matter.
Whos your artist and were are they from?

Dukeevans
Participant
@dukeevans

The one dimensional look is exactly what I was going for. I have other designs that I plan on doing in different styles. But this came out the way I wanted. The artist Is Rafael rivera at tattoo jungle in Pelham Alabama. His personal art website is http://www.woundedlamb.com

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I like it. It’s like stained glass. Simple shapes and vibrant colours. Very nice indeed. Plus the thought you put into it is outstanding. Really REALLY nice piece man 🙂

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
xxTOPDOGxx;74185 wrote:
I’m gonna be honest. For the amount of thought you put into the inspiration, you should have researched your artist better. Your idea had some serious potential, but the design looks flat and one dimensional. Not to mention the overall look is amature. I have no artistic ability and still think I could draw a better hourglass and the dove, cmon.
Again, just my opinion and if you like it, what I say doesn’t matter.
Whos your artist and were are they from?

Agreed, but if your happy, I’m happy. I will say that from a technical perspective that I’m not impressed with the work but it’s not my body so I guess it doesn’t matter. It’s almost like he was so into the idea of living for today that he rushed through your tat so he could enjoy it because it could be his last.

Just my .02

Dukeevans
Participant
@dukeevans

Well the simple lines and 2-d shapes are what I wanted. I had it drawn buy an apprentice named Corey at karmic tattoo in Georgia. But the ink was done by Rafael rivera at tattoo jungle in Alabama. He didn’t sketch anything. So the sketch is very simple and plain and not amazing I know. But the color is good and vibrant and the shading is amazing. If RAF had sketched it too it would have looked “better” In a lot of peoples minds but I had it sketched the way I wanted.
And gsouder, that was funny lol

Dice
Participant
@dice

Alot of people, get tats and agree wit it, like its the best it can be.

But really, the person know’s it can be better.

If you see a tat and think it’s not 100%

then you feel the opinion.

orange_ashi
Participant
@orange_ashi
Dukeevans;73976 wrote:
I got this back in april 2010, this picture is seconds after it was finished, it looks much better now that it’s fully healed.

Thats cool man look really nice

orange_ashi
Participant
@orange_ashi

wow really cool art work and like the reasoning behind it, sorry to heard about hte illness but imsure u can getthrought i with alittle bit of hope and good luck.

“I like it. It’s like stained glass. Simple shapes and vibrant colours. Very nice indeed. Plus the thought you put into it is outstanding. Really REALLY nice piece man” got to agree with Morwin Nerdbane.

as long as your happy no other opinions matter really

inkbyj
Participant
@inkbyj

interesting idea…. the glass could really use some shading to give it some form though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.