ustinj
Participant
@ustinj

So idk if i really like it too much which saddens me to say. What do you all think?

And also i want to try to spice it up with some color, maybe like red in the ground area or a sweet ass background. Gimme some tips peoples =]

40460_146431865374676_100000235908005_362572_5656471_n.jpg

flysinksail03
Participant
@flysinksail03

Personally, honestly, I think it needs work. But it’s definitely not a total disaster case. It actually looks pretty sick, just needs some more detail. Ask your artist, or find one who specializes in shading gray/black to really bring it to life. I think it has tons of potential.

And, don’t add background stuff or color until your really satisfied with the tattoo itself.

Also, duno why this idea came to me, but some undead-type, black stallion hoses around or behind could look sick if you wanted to add too it. Kinda Lord of the Rings Ring Wraith horses…just an idea. Good luck!

flysinksail03
Participant
@flysinksail03

elfwunwhorse.jpg

Maybe some shit like this. Or a bunch in motion coming out behind the demon. Aight

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
ustinj;73015 wrote:
So idk if i really like it too much which saddens me to say. What do you all think?

And also i want to try to spice it up with some color, maybe like red in the ground area or a sweet ass background. Gimme some tips peoples =]

40460_146431865374676_100000235908005_362572_5656471_n.jpg

If I were you, I wouldn’t be thrilled with it and would very well be displeased. It lacks depth in many more area’s than one, many that I don’t have the time to name.

However, the good news is, is that it is a black shaded tattoo that could easily be transformed givin the right tattooist that specialized in taking the piece you have and turning it into a drastic change just by a different technique and shading. It lacks depth and definition as well as comes off to being flat but it could be fixed into something badass. Hope is on your side my friend. Think about the same theme you want to go with and go from there.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Yeah, it’s not great.

But like everyone else has already said, it’s got potential. I would find a completely different artist if I were you, and then express your concerns with him.
I really like the idea of the undead looking horse, or maybe give your demon guy some kid of minions or something.

Definitely post some pictures when you get that bad boy fixed up.

ustinj
Participant
@ustinj

Damn, lol but i really appreciate all the honesty. What i dont understand though is how an artist could fix it. If they shaded any more it would just turn into a full black silhouette right? And dude that horse really is badass i might try to incorporate it

flysinksail03
Participant
@flysinksail03
ustinj;73079 wrote:
Damn, lol but i really appreciate all the honesty. What i dont understand though is how an artist could fix it. If they shaded any more it would just turn into a full black silhouette right? And dude that horse really is badass i might try to incorporate it

Yea I’d go to several top artists and ask them what they think they can do to it. Don’t make $ an issue here…if it costs a thousand bucks to make it right, do it.

Like everyone said, it can be fixed. Make the artists draw up a modified sketch of your current tattoo and pick the best one.

Check this ish out:
Lurapets___Undead_Pets_by_hellodingo.jpg

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
ustinj;73079 wrote:

You’d be surprised at what a good technique of shading can actually do. It can bring out different dimensions of the tattoo as well as give off different shapes and cover up one thing while going with another. It can provide shape and angles to a certain anatomy of your tattoo. With the right artists, you can walk out with something so unbelievably spectacular that you’d be shocked it would be the same tat as you have now. Think of it as ground work. It’s already laid now the process of change begins.

ustinj
Participant
@ustinj
NeverBSatisfied;73158 wrote:
You’d be surprised at what a good technique of shading can actually do. It can bring out different dimensions of the tattoo as well as give off different shapes and cover up one thing while going with another. It can provide shape and angles to a certain anatomy of your tattoo. With the right artists, you can walk out with something so unbelievably spectacular that you’d be shocked it would be the same tat as you have now. Think of it as ground work. It’s already laid now the process of change begins.

Really? That makes me happy as hell man =]

now just to find the right artist…lol

tatlover2
Participant
@tatlover2

Also, make sure you ask a lot of questions before committing to any artist. Have them do sketches like Fly suggested until you are satisfied with it before going under the needle.

Leemo
Participant
@leemo

Avenged Sevenfold fan?

alois71x
Participant
@alois71x

The line work is absolutly horrendus.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Having studied thousands of tattoos I will be honest it is not the best I have ever seen but saying that the line work is totally salvagable.

The key part is reworking the lines so they are straighter and getting a pro artist to add fine details to the skull, claws and wings.

A good balance of relining and highlighting will work wonders. Specially around the edges and eyes and hands.

Then I would consider adding some extra which will make it pop more.

The horse is a good idea but can also have the wings bolted to your chest with a tat of red-hot bolts ors screws with metal staples around the edges.

Add some flames or demon scenery so that the skeleton is crawling out of pit would also work.

If the worst comes to worst a few hits with a laser will lighten enough to cover over sections but should be a very last resort as it is not that bad.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.