Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

7 years ago I had the vision of what I wanted my right arm to be like. I wanted various important pieces of my life surrounded by a frame of tribal, but not your standard tribal like every one else had. After getting various bits done over the first couple of years, I ran out of important things (and money) and so waited until the ideas came to me. After a while they did and 2 days ago I got it all finished off;

110720107658.jpg

110720107659.jpg

All a bit scabby ATM, but should look cool when finished.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I’m a little bit confused. You said you finished it two days ago, and then you said it will look cool when finished. Is it finished or not?

It looks awkwardly put together to me, and the empty space looks off.

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

It is indeed finished, I suppose I should have written “healed” rather than finished before.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Alright. That’s what I was thinking you meant..

It still looks unfinished to me.

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

Good job it’s not on your arm then. ๐Ÿ˜€ I am really chuffed with it.

Thanks for the replies. ๐Ÿ™‚

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Cute, it doesn’t look finished for some reason, maybe the uncolored tribal, but the most important thing is the personal meaning.
What makes you enjoy your tattoo is meaning, that’s all that matter!

I would advise you hitting the shop again and asking the artist for a way to “complete” it, maybe adding some B&G background between the tribal roots?
Since you like Kanj, you might wanna get some Kanji shaded slightly from the outside between the tribal roots, which will give it a “fuller” looks and even some original looks!
While you might have to get the tribal filled for it to look better with the Kanji background.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
-DMD-;71142 wrote:
Cute, it doesn’t look finished for some reason, maybe the uncolored tribal, but the most important thing is the personal meaning.
What makes you enjoy your tattoo is meaning, that’s all that matter!

I would advise you hitting the shop again and asking the artist for a way to “complete” it, maybe adding some B&G background between the tribal roots?
Since you like Kanj, you might wanna get some Kanji shaded slightly from the outside between the tribal roots, which will give it a “fuller” looks and even some original looks!
While you might have to get the tribal filled for it to look better with the Kanji background.

i would have to disagree. to me the most important thing isnt the “meaning” of a tattoo, its if the person likes it. none of my tattoos have any meaning behind them and i love them all. some people get tattoos just to get tattoo. not all tattoos have to have some deep personal miami ink bullshit story behind it. if it does, hey, more power to ya!

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

I think meaning is great if you can find an image that you think will look good and relates to what you want it to. It certainly isn’t a necessity IMO and there is nothing wrong with just geting something done just because you like it. My next one will be just that, something I like the look of.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I agree with the above. To me, it’s a mishmash of random stuff and it looks like a half way done tat. That’s just me though and I’m just some random person on the internet. If you like it, fantastic!

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

So I’m no candidate for tattoo of the year then. ๐Ÿ˜€

knarF
Participant
@knarf
yodaddynukka;71147 wrote:
i would have to disagree. to me the most important thing isnt the “meaning” of a tattoo, its if the person likes it. none of my tattoos have any meaning behind them and i love them all. some people get tattoos just to get tattoo. not all tattoos have to have some deep personal miami ink bullshit story behind it. if it does, hey, more power to ya!

100% agreed.

I like the tat, but feels like you could do with something between the lines to fill it out, but it’s down to personal opinion in the end.

Ben1985
Participant
@ben1985

Best comment I have had so far so thanks! ๐Ÿ˜€

Have started an ideas thread over in the general section if you had any specific thoughts. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.