Szturm
Participant
@szturm

I am into ancient European tats. Here is my work in progress, two celtic bands that don’t go all the way around. I am planning to put something on the back though. I think that the two celtic designs don’t flow well with each other that well. Does the bottom one need to be shaded in more possibly? Was wondering if I can combine them better in someway. Any comments, suggestions, etc???

tat02.jpg

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

My suggestion is to go back in time and stop yourself for getting the second tribal-celtic arm band. I can get you a great deal on a flux capacitor but they won’t be in stock until last week.

Seriously, I don’t think there is much you can do here. They look weird next too each other but shading is not the answer. You have two very dark large arm band tattoos that are of completely different visual styles. It would be like getting an american pin up girl right next to a japanese Koi… they just won’t work together. This is one of those made-your-bed-now-sleep in it situations.

I’m curious, did your artist agree to this tattoo? did he/she say anything about this looking weird before the needle hit the skin?

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I agree. They don’t flow well together.
& the newer design seems to be poorly done. I don’t think shading would make them more cohesive, though it might clean up some of the lines on the knots. I would start considering cover-ups.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i would suggest having the background filled in solid like the one above, it would make it look a lot less obtrusive
celticarmbands.jpg

Szturm
Participant
@szturm

I rushed into the second larger band since I had a celtic obsession, what can ya do now. The artist did as I wished at the moment without comment. The shading would definately make it look better and not stand out so much, thanks for the visual. I was considering that. How about some dark overlapping celtic/viking theme that could cover some of the knotwork up and blend in? Guess there aren’t too many options now.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

the problem being is that you are going to end up with a lot of dark in the whole area..

looney bin escapee
Participant
@looney-bin-escapee
Szturm;71988 wrote:
I rushed into the second larger band since I had a celtic obsession, what can ya do now. The artist did as I wished at the moment without comment. The shading would definately make it look better and not stand out so much, thanks for the visual. I was considering that. How about some dark overlapping celtic/viking theme that could cover some of the knotwork up and blend in? Guess there aren’t too many options now.

I’m thinking, enough is enough. work on the other arm already.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Are you planning to go all the way down?

I am thinking if you were fully sleeved (no, not with more arm bands!) then it would definitely take some of the impact away

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.