Sardino
Participant
@sardino

I’m thinking about making this into a half sleeve, and I have some ideas, but I want to hear some opinions first.

I’ve been told (and read) that if I wanted to turn something like this into a sleeve, I should start by putting something of equal size on the opposite side of my arm and sort of fill in from there. The idea that I have now is kind of the opposite…I want to put a background behind it and have that be the design that ties all the other things together, and in the end the skeleton would probably be the largest single element of the sleeve. Would that look ridiculous? Help is appreciated :confused:

markh
Participant
@markh

Go to an artist and tell them your ideas so they can draw something up.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

you should do a spooky theme. maybe add some ghosts or gobblins, pumpkins, coffins, bats etc.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

there are tons of things u can do with that piece. i think a day of the dead theme would be awesome. or sugal skulls. and whoever told u that thing about equal size on opposite site of arm is trippin. doesnt have to be equal.

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78

A halloween theme sleeve. That’s what I’m thinking about right now for something down the line, maybe 2 or 3 years.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

a dancing skeleton ? id add more and have a party 😀

SaraRhiannon
Participant
@sararhiannon

..One word: ZOMBIE. : ) I think everyone in this threads got the same idea when they look at this xD

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I’m not sure that the skeleton you have there is strong enough of an image to stand out in a sleeve. Once you start adding stuff around it it will get lost, in my opinion. There are a few things you can do about this and the first one that comes to my mind is some sort of cover up. If you want to stick with the skeleton I would consider adding some sort of frame work around it to make it stand out more. This is one of the problems with trying to make a sleeve after you already have something on your arm. How do you fit it in? will it work in a sleeve? What do you have to do to make it look decent?

My suggestion is to find a very talented artist and get some ideas from him/her.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

The work depends on your artist, the design, and research for the peice imo. Work with an artist. Of course its do-able. the end result is that the sleeve itself will become the focal point, with elements in the composition leading the eye around. A single element like the skeleton in a b&g sleeve will tend to blend in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.