mikey_ink
Participant
@mikey_ink

4519686555_f4925046ec_o.jpg

This is my first tattoo (left arm). Actually the small cross at the top was already there but done by a buddy in high school. It was simply filled in again.

The tattoo is my family crest with a few changes. The lion with crown represent my wife (a leo) who is the queen of my heart. The four roses represent my four kids. Red (and white) is the color of my crest. Omnia Vincit Amor is Latin for “Love Conquers All” and represents a great many things in my life.

Demure
Participant
@demure

It looks like the cross is apart of the crest. I think it’s beautiful when a man shows his love for his wife and family. I hope I end up with someone as loyal as you. It’s an awesome tattoo.

mikey_ink
Participant
@mikey_ink

Thank you. Yes the cross kind of lent itself to it. Initially I wanted to cover it but it was off center so we decided to just leave it as part of the crest.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

That is a solid piece of ink. The cross fits in very well with the rest of the tattoo.
I really like the detail of it all.

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

love it , cool idea, neatly done

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Great looking tattoo… I’m glad you have a great relationship with your wife because if you didn’t this would take a lof of explaining to the next young lady that comes along ๐Ÿ™‚

mikey_ink
Participant
@mikey_ink
Gsouder;65973 wrote:
Great looking tattoo… I’m glad you have a great relationship with your wife because if you didn’t this would take a lof of explaining to the next young lady that comes along ๐Ÿ™‚

I do have a great relationship. The “love conquers all” in latin represents a lot that we’ve been through together. On the other hand… It’s not like her portrait on there… haha. A lion with crown can easily be explained a lot of ways I would imagine ๐Ÿ˜€

clowesy
Participant
@clowesy

That looks really nice and I love the ideas behind each individual area ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.