RYUU
Participant
@ryuu

Picture001-1.jpg

Soz fuzzyish pic will try and get better……

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

What other ink you got other than neck? Tried to look at your album but it said the link was broken or something :confused:

RYUU
Participant
@ryuu

My first……………………………….

Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound

I’m surprised you got your first tattoo on your neck. A lot of tattooists wouldn’t do that.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Personally I don’t agree with getting your neck done as your first. I feel like you should have a good percentage of your body covered before you should be allowed one.

It’s things like that that make non tattood people scared of people with tattoos. Why a skull on your neck? Cos it looks hard, no two ways about it. It just makes you look like Jeremy Kyle worthy council trash.

Sorry but that’s my opinion and I think a lot of other peoples but they just don’t have the balls to say.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Morwin Nerdbane;64641 wrote:
Personally I don’t agree with getting your neck done as your first. I feel like you should have a good percentage of your body covered before you should be allowed one.

It’s things like that that make non tattood people scared of people with tattoos. Why a skull on your neck? Cos it looks hard, no two ways about it. It just makes you look like Jeremy Kyle worthy council trash.

Sorry but that’s my opinion and I think a lot of other peoples but they just don’t have the balls to say.

This is a little harsh but I agree with the thought. It’s done and it looks ok though. Enjoy!

RYUU
Participant
@ryuu

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Its people like you who are so fecking shallow as to group, label and judge so quick – council trash are u really that stuck up bitch ?

I have friends and family who live in council houses – whats your gripe with that ?

I am 75% inked put my first just to see twats like you jump up with the balls to say it LMFAO…..

Your back piece can be fixed………

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

allowed ??? yes many artist wont do the neck for a 1st tattoo or will ask many times that your sure you want it there .
but whats the problem with it ?? he is an adult :rolleyes:
and judging someone just because of a tattoo placement ?? wtf ?

the tattoo is not something i would personally have myself but it looks a nicely done piece .

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Looks pretty sick dude 😀

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

You’re 75% covered my arse.

I never said anything was wrong with ppl in council estates, I suggested there was something wrong with Jeremy Kyle worthy council flat dwellers. And before we get started about your sob story coucil friends and how stuck up I am I should perhaps bring it you your attention that my dad died homeless so suck it. I’m obviously a little princess with her silver spoon and homeless father….erm doesn’t sound right does it?

I am merely saying I don’t like neck work especially neck work that portrays aggression. I don’t normally judge based on tattoo positions but if, for example, I were to get ‘Fuck you’ (an aggressive tattoo, like an angry skull smoking a spliff is an aggressive tattoo) I would get it somewhere that it could be hidden for work.

If you don’t want possitive and negative responses to your pic you shouldn’t put it on a site where people have the ability to say what they think. I’m not going to suck up if I think your ink is crap. Sorry I’m just not that type.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

With regards to the ink it is well executed and I would possibly only suggest adding some more red ink to the joint – although it could be the quality of the picture.

As for placement –

Hands, face, and neck are still taboo or sacred ground for the majority of ppl (even those with ink). There is a lot of social pressure to conform which is why many of us have to cover our ink up for work etc.

It is a trade off between personal want and peer pressure or the need to earn a living.

Those ppl who do go for the most visible tattoos such as neck and face do tend to be those who are hardcore fans of ink. There are exceptions for a first piece but usually quite rare.

Whilst exposure helps many ppl will not be able to fathom the ‘why’ and so often react negatively. We are all guilty of it in one way or another. We all often engage mouth before putting brain in gear.

Tattoo prejudice is no new thing and you are going to get a certain amount of negative reaction.

That said it is better to explain to ppl the why I did x than to react negatively as all that happens is you reinforce the prejudice by putting the person of the defensive.

@ Morwin whilst you are encouraged to give an opinion even negative ones – try and make it constructive rather than what can be taken as a personal attack as it is read and nobody can see your face or body language.

@ Ryuu dude you are obviously a hardcore ink fan to get that piece and prob are no stranger to the odd negative comment. Just ride it out it is just opinions. Just to add so that it is balanced;

We always ask all posters to try and refrain from the use of language that can be deemed as a personal insult or cause offence – even when a person feels justified. Please refain from calling ppl a twat.

Now play nice all 🙂

Take Care
Matthew

Denethepirate
Participant
@denethepirate

I think neck tattoos, are pretty sweet as i do have one myself and i have both arms @ almost sleeves.
Bearing in mind mines is just an old school rose with a little bit of red in with the black, also at collar level, or slighlty just a tad above.

I have to say if that was really your first tattoo, it was a bit silly to go head first and get that. However if it isnt and u are covered or “75%” as u said then fair enough. Again its all down to the artist and if they will do it. my artist did my neck due to me having small things already their but he didnt really question me i am going for the other side soon but again if its a slightly rad thing like a skull smoking a joint probably the neck wasnt the place for it. Dont get me wrong the piece is cool its just the positioning couldve been chosen better

regards

Dene

Ddenzik
Participant
@ddenzik

You guys are dumb.. You can see a part of another tattoo coming up his neck in the picture, he obviously has more ink than just the neck..

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

tattoo’s fine — though I’m in the camp that wouldn’t have one on my neck ! – each to their own though – as long as you’re happy with it is all that matters.

– the thing about the position is maybe as you get older you may regret it as I would’ve thought you’ll get more negative than positive comments – I hope you dont ! 😀

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

HAHA WTF?

A tattoo forum judging a guy for having a tattoo! Whats next?

Who cares if he’s got what, where, and how many?

I think it looks cool! Who cares what others think, fuck’em…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.