Mcewan07
Participant
@mcewan07

Hi everyone,

I thought i would write a diary of sorts about my back garden piece.

I have been wanting my first proper tattoo for a few years now, but i could never think of a tattoo with enough meaning to me, and so never got one.
That is untill now.While helping my fiance’s daughter design her’s, i started seeing lots that i quited liked. And so after 3 months of looking online i finally designed my own picture (at the bottom of this post.)
Then two weeks ago i finally went in with the picture and all reference pictures to my chosen artist (lesley) so she could redraw the picture and tidy up my mistakes and add to where needed, and in 3 weeks today i will be going in for my first 4 hour sitting.

I will keep this updated with pictures as i get more hours done on it. She thinks it will be around 20 hours give or take, so i recon i should have it finished by my birthday in august (unfortunately i can only afford 3-4 hours a month done on it) but this will probably be split into 2 hour sessions so their should be a new update around every 2-3 weeks (all going well)
I appreciate all comments/ suggestions and if you have any questions dont hessitate to ask.

The piece as you may have gathered will go across my back, from my left shoulder to my right hip.I think you should hopefully be able to identify most of the flowers. As for the butterflys (top – bottom) :-
1.This is a temptoo i had done quite some time ago, it will be getting redone and made nicer than this (but i have left it up to lesley what exactly to do with it)
2.Blue morpho butterfly – the J and D is my 2 son’s initials
3.Crimson rose butterfly
4.Pipevine butterfly
5.Blue pansy butterfly

Their is also another lily + a few other flowers at the very bottom of this piece(not showing in the drawing below) and a purple emperor butterly.

Anyway i hope you like the idea below, please excuse the bad pictures i took it in a rush before taking it to the tattoo shop with me, not thinking i would be posting it on a forum.And ill post better ones of the outline on my back when its started in 3 weeks time.

38793567.jpg full picture
closer pictures
055c2c7c.jpg
8174dd01.jpg
234da0a7.jpg

eileen xx

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

that’s going to look great. i love anything with flowers and garden theme!

airmail
Participant
@airmail

Wow thats going to look great. Make sure you post pictures as it’s being done.

Mcewan07
Participant
@mcewan07

Thanks both.

Well I went fort first four hours of my tattoo several days ago, I’m now at the stage where I want to scratch my back 24/7 but have managed to refrain from doing so, below is several pictures mostly taken the day I got it done, with the last one being taken just 30 min ago, and shows howuch we got done in that time

c1c93e96.jpg
1130ead2.jpg
c2cd36e4.jpg
4f5cc43f.jpg

not the best pictures but I have to make do it would be worse if I took the pictures myself of my back,lol, hope you enjoy them.

My next sitting is on the 21 may for another 4 hours and I will update again after I get it done.

airmail
Participant
@airmail

WOW….!!!!!!! That is going to be fastastic when it’s done. ๐Ÿ™‚

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Oh wow, that is just beautiful, can’t wait to see the finished piece.

Joshy
Participant
@joshy

Looks awsome!!!!

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

Wow, can’t wait to see it as it progresses. I just love flowers and butterflies!

Crypto
Participant
@crypto

nc backpiece and back ๐Ÿ˜‰ love ur ink

Wolfiekins
Participant
@wolfiekins

Wow ๐Ÿ˜€
That is going to look so beautiful once colored ๐Ÿ˜›

I love how it complements tha shape of your body ^^

I love it! ๐Ÿ˜€

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

all those butterflies ๐Ÿ™‚
thats going to look real pretty when its done , keep us posted

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

That is going to be a sweet backpiece.
Looking forward to seeing the next session.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.