Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13

Well last Saturday I got the sleeve started on my right arm. We did 4 hours of straight outlining with no breaks just straight tattooing. It wasn’t bad at all, I just hate when boredom sets in after a few hours. Afterward I did have a feeling of sadness knowing that this would be the last of the tattooing going on my arms. Thankfully I still have lots of other places to tattoo lol. Here’s some pics of the sleeve. It’s a 4 horsemen of the apocalypse theme which was loosely drawn and based off of the woodcut by Albrecht Durer.

Then I got back to town(Shreveport) and yesterday let my artist here start some of the shading and coloring on my sugar skulls. I think we got the hardest, well most painful one out of the way. I may have been able to sit through more but o well I’m just like a big coloring book that is getting colored in slowly week after week. The red sugar skull is what was done yesterday.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

That is a lot of ink on the ribs and you are damn braver than me. 😀
It’s coming on nicely and looks like it is going to be a complex sleeve. Are you going shade or colour?

Take Care
Matthew

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
Sherav;62905 wrote:
That is a lot of ink on the ribs and you are damn braver than me. 😀
It’s coming on nicely and looks like it is going to be a complex sleeve. Are you going shade or colour?

Take Care
Matthew

Actually the ribs on the side are better than the ones in the middle imo. There was just a weird vibe in the shop today with my artist leaving for greener pastures at the end of the weekend so we called it at just one today. As for the sleeve it is going to be color since my other sleeve is color. I love awesome black and gray work but I think two fully colored sleeves would look better instead of one looking like it’s missing color when compared to my other one. It is gonna be darker than my other sleeve to try to convey less of a happy feel and more of how you would picture a scene like the apocalypse.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Dude… that’s ALOT of ink….. It already looks great tho… but keep us updated on its progress!

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Personally…I’m f*cking stoked about your sleeve.
I hope you can get that woodcut feel going about it.

My dad (despite the horrible outcomes of his son’s artistic abilities…) is actually a really good artist…
He does bronze casting…paintings…you name it…
One of my favorite paintings he made is woodcut.

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

fucking awesome looking so far. those sugar skulls look great man, bet they hurt tho l ol

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
ryannnnn;62930 wrote:
fucking awesome looking so far. those sugar skulls look great man, bet they hurt tho l ol

Well the outline and shading wasn’t all that bad but when the color started going over the places freshly shaded that was when it stopped being fun lol

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Dude, you’ve got some killer stuff going on there my man. I got to say though, that’s the single greatest Crimson Ghost tattoo I’ve ever seen….and trust me, I’ve seen ALOT of them.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
KnightHawk;62939 wrote:
Dude, you’ve got some killer stuff going on there my man. I got to say though, that’s the single greatest Crimson Ghost tattoo I’ve ever seen….and trust me, I’ve seen ALOT of them.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Thanks dude. I almost got just a regular plain outline of it initially. Really glad that I didn’t.

CourtneyLS99
Participant
@courtneyls99

The skulls on your side are definitely my favorite! And I agree, that crimson ghost DOES look amazing!

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Looking great. I WILL have at least one sugar skull someday

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.