AMWord
Participant
@amword

So last month I go these GOD-AWFUL forget-me-not flower tattoos on my chest. The stencil looked good and all. The tattoos came out terrible. Unfortunatley for me, They are big, they are on my chest, and they are blue ink (which can’t be removed with laser). Might I say, I did my research and I felt I had found a good artist. Lets say his portfolio was deceiveing and we weren’t on the same page as I thought we were.
17980_507153166080_224900699_194060_4302700_n.jpg

So after this disater, I found a girl that pretty much lives to tattoo flowers. She does good work. She re-did my right bundle and I go back next week for her to do my left bundle and go over the right bundle a second time.

So it looks like one has a face lift and the other doesn’t.
25229_507370325890_224900699_199319_2763582_n.jpg

This is the right bundle after its first sitting…

19580_507290386090_224900699_197586_7063536_n.jpg

Anyways, my point is that I need opinions. I feel that there is not much of a flow going on with these tatts. What would better them? Should I add? I don’t want anymore blue flowers. If I had a bicep tattoo that almost touched one of them, would it better it? I really need help. These tattoos are making me insane. I go back this Friday and I want ideas. THANK YOU! 🙂

P.S. I hate the black shadowing too. Not much we can do with that now…

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

the touchup look better. I would add some flowers in the middle to connect the two bundles. I love pink stargazer lilies so that’s what I would recommend.

louis0nfire
Participant
@louis0nfire

I don’t think they look nearly as bad as you think they do. I like them to be honest, they just need to be blended into something across the chest.

I’m thinking maybe some text surrounded by purple/pink flowers, but they have to flow correctly from the blue flowers.

Either way, don’t worry about it because I think they look fine.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I don’t thinkthey look that bad either, the one that has been ‘touched up’ definitely looks better. I wouldn’t rush into anything just yet, let them heal up and then really do your research about what next. I would be inclined not to fill over your chest but to extend them backwards over your shoulders and possibly upper arm. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Bender
Participant
@bender

I think the touch up job made the flowers look great.

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

I agree, the original tattoos aren’t bad at all, but the touched up one looks better

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

You are being to hard on your ink. Add some flowers and vines to connect the two, maybe throw in a banner with some script on it, and you will be really pleased

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

I think they look good as well. But I also understand that just because something looks good doesn’t mean it’s what you wanted. Something that extends them back over your shoulders might look good.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i don’t see anything wrong with them , they look nice and soft like flowers actually do in life .
sounds to me that you might have rushed and placed the tattoo’s somewhere you are not 100% confident about wearing :rolleyes:

AMWord
Participant
@amword

Can I just say that this thread is great and so is everyone that has replied. I really appreciate all of the comments and opinions. I think I am having such a hard time because everything has turned out much bigger as a tattoo than I expected. I will most likely extend my tattoo onto the shoulders with something, but not my arms because they are being saved for sleeves. I am on the fence with a full chest piece. I love them on girls, if they are done well and fit their body. Not sure if I can pull one off becuase of my small frame. If I come up with a really great idea, I will totally do it. 🙂

Bender
Participant
@bender

think about running some vines with leaves from the two bunches of flowers back over you shoulder and across your back and have them meet at the center and maybe turn down together into the ground, or another bunch of flowers.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i would add butterflies 😉

phantom x
Participant
@phantom-x

your being to hard on yourself ,.. we are our own worst critics !!… the first one’s looked great,. although there is an improvment in the “touch up” .. but still you can keep going to different artist to make it look “better”.. .. they look great ,.. some filler would make them look better !

AMWord
Participant
@amword

I can’t go across my back due to me having back tattoos.
I’m not too sure about the vines because these flowers don’t have vines. Alos, very few and tiny leaves.
I also don’t want to touch my arms.
I’m trying to think ahead for future tattoos!! :p

stewroids
Participant
@stewroids

It looks completely fine to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.