b00stin4days
Participant
@b00stin4days

Well i got my first tattoo 2 weeks ago, i went polynesian but i think i should have stuck to what i wanted before wich was the japanese style, however i got it and im happy with it..let me hear your opinions guys..good or bad its alright..its not finished just got to get the rest done i have an appointment friday.thanks in advance!:cool:

2rdx3kn.jpg

b00stin4days
Participant
@b00stin4days
b00stin4days;58921 wrote:
Well i got my first tattoo 2 weeks ago, i went polynesian but i think i should have stuck to what i wanted before wich was the japanese style, however i got it and im happy with it..let me hear your opinions guys..good or bad its alright..its not finished just got to get the rest done i have an appointment friday.thanks in advance!:cool:

2rdx3kn.jpg

2dgvogi.jpg

i got alot of people asking me why did i do it, i just say i liked it because i dont feel like explaining what i learned about the polynesian culture…eventually im doing a full sleeve once i find my career..im going to finish in japanese lol.

b00stin4days
Participant
@b00stin4days

anyone……………

b00stin4days
Participant
@b00stin4days

thanks for the input guys! smh..:confused:

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

That’s really damn weird that no one responded to this. Usually, people are all over this kinda thread, either saying “DUDE! GREAT INK!” or “DUDE! WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?!”.

Well, either way, I’ve not seen alot of Polynesian work man, but I can say that that’s a solid piece and you ought to wear it with pride. The only change I would make is to turn it into a full sleeve because it seems to end a bit abruptly.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

b00stin4days
Participant
@b00stin4days

thanks man! well i want to turn it into a full sleeve, however not to sound like a bitch but my dad told me i cant until i find a job, he doesnt want me to mess anything up….however im 100 percent sure id have it covered with long sleeves..lol oh wellll in 2 years ill continue down my arm

i actually thought about throwing pink lotus flowers in there but then thats mixing styles and idk how weird that would look you know?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Throwing pink lotus flowers in there MAY work, but it’d take an exceptional artist to pull it off. If your guy ain’t that good, it’ll look just sorta tossed in and forced.

Personally, if it was me, I’d play the safe bet and finish your polynesian sleeve on that arm, and start a new, Asian inspired sleeve on the other. Honestly, I think it’d look pretty fucking sweet to have one arm done in a black and grey poly style and an intensely colored asian style on the other.

As for your Dad, that’s his job. Parents are supposed to discourage you from getting sleeves and piercings because they do prevent you from getting work. It’s getting to be less and less true, but, let’s be honest, tattoos aren’t completely socially acceptable, and that’s a big part of their mystic. It shows your one of us, that your part of our in-group, and they ain’t. That you understand something that they don’t.

And, no, you don’t sound like a bitch. Parents are supposed to have influence over you. Now, saying that “I don’t want to sound like a bitch”, THAT kinda makes you look like one. Be strong in your decisions, and your reasons for them. You don’t have to explain or justify them to anyone–that’s what not being a bitch is.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

b00stin4days
Participant
@b00stin4days

definently appreciate it man, you have no idea how bad im dieing for a sleeve to my wrist but im going to get this finished friday have it go a little bit more down, then eventually to my wrist..ill post pics friday night after my session, thanks bro!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

That is a great sleeve and some very decent line work – seen quite a few polynesian tattoos that look kinda rough and jagged but at least on that one you seem to hav researched it.

If you want to add flowers you could add a maputi or hawaiian flowers that would suit the style as a cap.

Or you could have a grinning face of Tangaroa aka Takaroa if you like the ocean etc.

You can always have a Japanese theme done on the other arm.

Take Care
Matthew

ArniVidar
@arnividar
KnightHawk;58928 wrote:
saying that “I don’t want to sound like a bitch”, THAT kinda makes you look like one.

And, only managing whole 13 minutes before starting to whine about no replies to your thread ALSO makes you sound like a bitch.

My parents have done this to me over the years. They’ve browbeaten me into not doing something I want to do, and today I really resent them in many ways.
But the shittiest part of all of that is that they’re usually right. ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

nice neat work . with the style of that tattoo you could half sleeve it and then easily come back to it and make it into a full sleeve at a later date :rolleyes:
plus i would think about going asian on your other arm ๐Ÿ˜‰

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Not really my style, but actually, I like it. It’s well done and fun to look at.

BTW ArniVidar- he did wait a day and twelve minutes to start whining. Gotta give him some credit for that ๐Ÿ˜‰

ArniVidar
@arnividar
ChaosDani;58973 wrote:
BTW ArniVidar- he did wait a day and twelve minutes to start whining. Gotta give him some credit for that ๐Ÿ˜‰

How do you figure that? On my end it says “Today 4:55 am” and on to “Today 5:08 am”… somehow I don’t think there’s a full day between today and today ๐Ÿ™‚

Not trying to make a big deal of it though. It was all said in fun. Hope it was taken as such, even though I see it’s missing a smiley ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

oops. I’m obviously an idiot.

On my end, it says “yesterday 11:55pm” for the first post and he starts whining at “today 12:03am”.
Date changes at midnight… duh. Sorry ArniVidar ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
This is what happens when you make posts when you’re sleep deprived.

Either that or I’m in some kind of time warp. ๐Ÿ˜€

b00stin4days
Participant
@b00stin4days

alright alright alright im not whining lol anyway thanks guys..anyone have any good ideas that i can tell my guy on friday to add to it only going a little further down for now! besides i gotta get the rest colored and outlined:D

everybody i show it though is like “your stupid why would you get that what does it mean” “i can play checkers on your arm” i lol’d at that one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.