MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

I have had a pet Silver Phoenix for the past 5 years or so. Yes it is a Rooster, but they are special because the have a unique gene that allows their tails to continue to grow without molting, or loosing them every year. Mine doesnt but its tail has gotten about 3.5 feet every year, and the record is about 30 feet, and when they reach that length they are considered Onagadori.

That is the reasoning behind how i decided to get this style of phoenix. my phoenix was silver, so i didnt want my tattoo phoenix to be rainbow like most, and i dont think my pet is on fire…. so my phoenix is not about mythology but instead something that i have been doing for 15 years.

Here is the only pic i ahve of him now, on the right.

And here is a link to antother site where they have the onagadori birds at the bottom:

http://www.longtail-fowl.com/japanese_breeds/Pages/onagadori_foto_album.html

So i hope that explains how i do have a pet phoenix.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Now THAT is some sweet ink!

LOVE IT!

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

COOL!! I never knew such a bird existed. Some of those pics in that link are pretty cool.

And here I thought you were just a weirdo who thought your pet was on fire…. 😉

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

its a fancy chicken :rolleyes:

dont let Colonel Sanders see your phoenix my friend 😀

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
MrSultan531;58159 wrote:
My first tattoo of a phoenix

This only took 3.5 hours? You my friend have a helluva tattooist because the detail in quality of work done in that short of time is nothing short of getting your money’s worth. Money def well spent and that tattooist working at that fast of pace and you walking out with a tattoo that bad ass, is something to take into consideration, positively. By looking at it, I’d think it would take at least 2 sessions to complete givin the size and detail, not to mention a back piece and the movement of the phoenix. Kudos to you and the tattooist as well.

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

Yea that was the one thing he said, this was his style of work that he is best at and so even with all of the detail it was going to go pretty quick.

@

One of the best back tattoos Ive seen

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.