Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

i dont think these were done in licensed tattoo shops 😛

ArniVidar
@arnividar
dine;53677 wrote:
What I can’t understand is why most of this crap is not somewhat obvious by the stencil.

Actually, I think that most of that stuff is freehand work, not stenciled. All the same, the people getting the ink must be drunk out of their skulls not to see the horror being bestowed on them. 🙂

JediMaster012
Participant
@jedimaster012
ArniVidar;53712 wrote:
Actually, I think that most of that stuff is freehand work, not stenciled. All the same, the people getting the ink must be drunk out of their skulls not to see the horror being bestowed on them. 🙂

Not necessarily. I’m a wuss when it comes to needles, so I didn’t even look for the first half hour. I mean I saw the stencil on me, but stopped looking once he was working. The artist could have been ignoring the stencil and tattooing a butterfly on my shoulder for all I knew.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
JediMaster012;53717 wrote:
Not necessarily. I’m a wuss when it comes to needles, so I didn’t even look for the first half hour. I mean I saw the stencil on me, but stopped looking once he was working. The artist could have been ignoring the stencil and tattooing a butterfly on my shoulder for all I knew.

Surely you looked at the picture drawn on you at one point or another before he started with the needles?

JediMaster012
Participant
@jedimaster012
ArniVidar;53721 wrote:
Surely you looked at the picture drawn on you at one point or another before he started with the needles?

Yes. Like I said, I saw the stencil on me, but didn’t watch for the first half hour. He could have been completely ignoring the stencil for all I knew. (Obviously he wouldn’t.)

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Of course a tattooist could easily ignore the stencil if so inclined and you not paying attention, but do you really think that’s the reason behind the hideous tats shown in that link? The only reason is horrible craftsmanship and crappy taste, or alcohol.. or both combined 🙂

JediMaster012
Participant
@jedimaster012
ArniVidar;53712 wrote:
Of course a tattooist could easily ignore the stencil if so inclined and you not paying attention, but do you really think that’s the reason behind the hideous tats shown in that link? The only reason is horrible craftsmanship and crappy taste, or alcohol.. or both combined

You’re taking what I said out of context. I was merely replying to your comment that implied a stencil could prevent mistakes.

Quote:
All the same, the people getting the ink must be drunk out of their skulls not to see the horror being bestowed on them. 🙂

Again, I was just trying to point out that you don’t have to be drunk to not see what the artist is tattooing.

Also, I completely agree that these were probably freehand and just horrible craftsmanship. 🙂

Rushmore
Participant
@rushmore

I LOL’d at the dinosaur with the crown on! haha

The rest are just painfull too look at!

Does he use a shard of glass and a fountain pen??

sls1365
Participant
@sls1365

I have a couple of bad tats on my site. I think that they are worse, because they are really well done, but someone ought to have known better!

http://www.bit.ly/hennatattoos (about half way down the page)

Jez
Participant
@jez

Haha! Oh man, thats some funny shit. Those random shapes on that dude’s left pec. Wha a baddass!:D

SallyMac
Participant
@sallymac

I was going to say “fair go’,”each to their own hey?!” …..BUT oh my goddess I seriously could do better than that!! there’s nothing left to say but CRIKEY!!!!! :eek::eek:

BCbud
Participant
@bcbud

That is horrible, always a risk if your going under the needle of your drunk friend or inexperienced tattooist.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.