Sherav
Participant
@sherav

The sooner you pick up the phone the better everybody will be about it.
All you have to say is that on personal style taste you would prefer the other artist nothing personal.

It will be fine.

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

Hi ya ,

I think you would be best to call them up , and just tell them that you found them while looking for cover work and you liked robs work and if possible you would like to switch your appointment ๐Ÿ˜‰
i have had a nosey at all of their portfolio’s and i dont see anything wrong with her work , i actually like some of the butterflies ( surprise surprise ๐Ÿ˜ฎ )

and about your koi dragon, most shops you walk into will always pass opinions on other artists work.
i am the very same when i look at other peoples photographs :rolleyes:
i wouldn’t worry about it , its just one of those things .

i have a purple dragon and dragons are normal , red/black/green/blue or yellow and it doesnt bother me .
its all mythical anyways .

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet

Thanks Butterfly….

I’m hoping to contact them today or tomorow to see if I can switch, kicking myself cause if I had just said In the first place I want to book some sessions with Roy then this wouldn’t have happened! I will learn from that error in the future, might be a good tip for others when they make bookings.

I feel, it reflects quite badly on studios that don’t give you a choice, or even ask if you have any preference, to which artist that you want to work on you, don’t know if this is common but I suspect she is the least busy of the three artists, and if they don’t give you a choice, then it keeps her in work maybe?

I spoke with my mate last night who recommended them to me, and he said straight away switch your appointment, when I told him what happened. I would be happy for her to work on other parts of my body, but my forearms I want to get right as they are the ones everyone see’s ๐Ÿ˜Ž I’m not saying she’s bad, just not on the same level as the other two artists.

With regards colours. I like purple and blues, think it looks cool in dragons ๐Ÿ˜Ž I would be happy with either colour so long as it worked well, the photo from their studio at the beginning of this post has covered exceptionally well, If I get something like that I would be well happy!

Will keep ya posted anyways ๐Ÿ˜‰

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet

Just a quick update…

Contacted they guys at Living Colour, left a message on their answerphone and they called me back. spoke to Kat who runs the appointments and stuff and she said that they would re arrange the appointment but it would have to be with Tori, not Roy, as he doesn’t do much in the way of japanese work or cover up’s these days. I was happy for Tori to do it, so said that’s fine.

I then mentioned about the blue dragon cover up, and that was the reason I initially came to them, as I was so impressed with how good a cover up it was, she said that Ondine did that particular cover up, and that she does most of the cover up work there now?

I even queried this and she confirmed that It was definately her work. I replied Really? you’re defiinately sure Ondine did it? She replied Yes…….

Hope they are not pulling my chain here! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

With this in mind, I said well if “the blue dragon is her work” then I will stick with her and appologised in case I had offended her in anyway ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I’m a bit apprehensive, but don’t think I have any option but to trust them and go with the flow, if it’s not how I want it, or not to the same kinda standard when it’s done, then I wont be a happy bunny, so we will see!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Comet

It is really simple if they are telling the truth the stencil will show it.
If they are hustling you and the stencil is not of the same quality then get up and leave.

Just be polite and assertive and you will be fine.

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

Hi ya ,
I looked at the dragon that she has in her portfolio and some of the face features do look alike . nose especially .
try googling and seeing if anyone has reviewed the shop

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet
Butterfly_Kisses;50461 wrote:
Hi ya ,
I looked at the dragon that she has in her portfolio and some of the face features do look alike . nose especially .
try googling and seeing if anyone has reviewed the shop

Yeah I thought the same TBH Butterfly

Also after looking in Roy’s gallery (as Kat said) there is barely any Japanese work I could see?
So It could have been wrong of me to have doubts in the 1st place, it would after all be silly practice
to lie to potential customers, so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt and trust them ๐Ÿ˜Ž

With the two dragons side by side, I have to admit as you do that there are similarities, and they
do appear to have a feminine touch, also I do quite like the grey one as wel, and would be than happy
to come away with something like that.

33c0ims.jpg66vwyf.jpg

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet
Sherav;50448 wrote:
Hi Comet

It is really simple if they are telling the truth the stencil will show it.
If they are hustling you and the stencil is not of the same quality then get up and leave.

Just be polite and assertive and you will be fine.

Take Care
Matthew

Yeah, thanks 4 the advice Sherav

Feeling a lot more confident about it now, and at the end of the day It will either be a “Good or Bad” advert
for them whatever the outcome, as I will post it here! ๐Ÿ˜€

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

yeah thats the dragon i was looking at , the nose and teeth and claws are the same style .
i like the blue one more because i love colour but both are nice

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.