Jonathan Brasseur
Participant
@jonathan-brasseur

Hey, is organic virgin coconut oil a good tattoo aftercare product?

The lotion my artist gave me I found it dried out my skin really quickly and made it quite irritable, im into the peeling phase now. Just wondering if I should use this instead? Or would Argan oil be better?

Thanks,

Dan
Participant
@dan

I use Palmer’s Cocoa Butter,then fragrance free Aveeno,

I know that cocoanut oil is a good product,and good for many things,but I have never used it on a tattoo or my skin,

it might be ok if used VERY VERY lightly.I probably wouldn’t go out in the sun with it,

Jonathan Brasseur
Participant
@jonathan-brasseur

Hey Dan thanks for getting back to me.

This is a description of the coconut oil I just bought “Virgin coconut oil contains tocotrienol, a form of vitamin E that is 50 times more effective then Vitamin E used in most cosmetics and skin creams. Vitamin E is a potent anti-oxidant that fights free radicals caused by pollution, stress and radiation. Virgin cocnut oil is composed of more than 60% medium-chain fatty acids which easily and quickly penetrate skin to nourish and moisturize.”

Does that sound like a good safe product to use?

Thanks,

Jon

Dan
Participant
@dan

looks safe to use and yes,it’s probably good for skin,

don’t smother it though,like I said if you are going to use it,use a very very light coat,

personally I don’t like oily products on my skin.

wby300
Participant
@wby300

I find this Hemp Healing Balm excellent been using it for 20+years
Lip Balm – Green Hemp Australia

Jonathan Brasseur
Participant
@jonathan-brasseur

Hi,

Yeah unfortunately I cant get hold of anything else that closely resembles the products you have listed as I am in Thailand and looked around all the pharmacies and chemist stores for stuff like aveeno etc.

This was the closest thing I could find to it. I had a whole sleeve done in 3 days and its still healing/peeling 9 days after it was done.

I had a back-piece done the day before and that healed superbly compared to my arm (within 5 days was fulled healed). So im just wondering if the arm takes longer to heal than say a backpiece cause its more fleshy? My arm was severely swollen after the session and I have been avoiding the sun, pretty much staying in my room and only leaving at night, whilst applying a nice layer of this coconut oil to keep it moisturised.

Thanks,

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

It seems like every part of my body heals differently. So far, my knee caps healed the fastest and with the least problems.
My right arm did take longer to heal than my back did, now that I think about it. (I use a mini paint roller to apply moisturizer to my back)
Also while my right arm was healing, any masturbation was administered left handed. I use Redemption (a tattoo industry ointment) during the tattooing process and the next day or two, then Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula, then Aveeno. Very light applications are the key!

Good luck, keep us posted

Station49
Participant
@station49

Paw paw ointment all the way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.