jeffwllms
Participant
@jeffwllms

Okay, so I am thinking about getting my first tattoo. Looking to place it on the arm. I have a decent amount of arm hair. Definitely not as much as some but above average. To the point that rubbing lotion and sunblock in is sort of a pain (enough that I rarely ever do it).

I have been trying to get into t routine to make sure that I am motioning to prepare to get a tattoo. Anyway, like I said it a pain to actually get it to run into the skin. I have thought about starting to shave in order to lotion and work on the area. That has made me thought of hair removal as i know that i will have to lotion and put sunblock on the tattoo’ed area regularly. My budy has had luck with a simple home machine (body builder) and has hair similar to mine.

I just think it would be weird to try and remove a little area on the arm were i think the tattoo may go, and i would commit to the whole arm (witch may not be a bad thing since if my tattoo experience goes well I will probably end up with a sleeve).

So all this to ask my question. People out there with above average amount of arm hair. Do you shave your tattoo areas regularly? And would you have had preferred hair removal prior to getting your tattoo?

Thanks

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

If the tattoo is in an area I can shave myself, I usually do it prior to my appointment.

Regular care? I buy SPF 50 sun screen by the case, and I use moisturizer almost daily. Check this out for applying moisturizer to your back!

Just apply moisturizer to roller and apply.

jeffwllms
Participant
@jeffwllms

Thasks for the info. Yeah from whathe I have heard it seems most don’t like hair growing over their tattoo and either shave, wax, use creams to remove hair.

I don’t think I would like doing that regularly so I, as commit to hair removal prior to tattoo. I would just hate to do the hair removal and the not get the tattoo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yep shave the whole arm, you may even want to shave both so they match

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

If you get your junk tattooed, I wouldn’t let an apprentice shave it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.