Squishham
    Participant
    @squishham

Hi,
    So I have this new tattoo I want and I’m thinking about switching tattoo artist in the same tattoo shop….. The guy I have been using always does a great job but I fell like my new tattoo is even more “not his style” of work! Would it be insulting to him if I switched, real don’t want to do that he does a great job but this other artist may be better for what I want this time…….

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Since they are both in the same shop there should not be an issue.

Squishham
    Participant
    @squishham

See I would take it personally so Thats why I wanted to see what other people think……

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

No, not at all. Your artist doesn’t own your body.

Just explain nicely why, I’m sure they would appreciate that as well 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Why would they? they work for you you are commissioning a piece of art from them. If they do who cares. I have only went to the same tattooist once not that I wouldn’t go to any of the again but there are so many why limit yourself.
    Please post a link to their work.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I use to do that. I go to a different artist every time now. When i run out of artists i havent worked with ill start recycling.

Karviniya
    Participant
    @karviniya

Tattooartist is not your relatives or husband ) I can change him if his style or quality of work unsuitable for your new tattoo. It’s normal and tattooartist won’t be offended.

girlytattoo
    Participant
    @girlytattoo

I wouldn’t feel bad about making that decision. Artists working in the same shop would agree that some people are suited to some styles better than others.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.