theamg12
Participant
@theamg12

Hey all! Im looking to get one of these tattoos on my inner bicep and the reason for them would be because the characters all symbolise a protector or the willingness to sacrifice ones self in order to protect others, as well as the idea of never giving up. Any feedback of which is most liked or of some other suggestions would be great!

vegetaminimal.jpgmajin_vegeta_blast_by_trunks24.jpg3367097_9887553_lz.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You don’t need to give a reason for a tattoo (fuck LA Ink for that). Your first step is to find the right tattooist not the shop that your buddy got a tattoo from, We can help you with that. Where do you live? maybe we can recommend a tattooist to you or if you post a link to the tattooist that you have chosen.

Of what you posted I like the bottom one best.

theamg12
Participant
@theamg12

@buttwheat 140483 wrote:

You don’t need to give a reason for a tattoo (fuck LA Ink for that). Your first step is to find the right tattooist not the shop that your buddy got a tattoo from, We can help you with that. Where do you live? maybe we can recommend a tattooist to you or if you post a link to the tattooist that you have chosen.

Of what you posted I like the bottom one best.

Im from southern NH, and yeah the last one is my favorite, the reason i give the reason is because i did this same thing on another site and EVERYONE flamed me for wanting these tattoos. =/

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

What other site?
Those guys are probably just fags
But the designs are pretty basic and simplistic that is why the key is to find the great tattooist first and then they can help you design a kick ass tattoo that nobody will flame you for.

theamg12
Participant
@theamg12

What do you mean? Like find a great tattooist that would add to the design? I want it to be kindof minimalist too

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I look on tattoos such as these as unimaginative and bland.

When you look at what is possible in tattoo art, how could you possibly settle for this crap.

Keep us posted.

theamg12
Participant
@theamg12

I dont know, like i said its my first one, im not supposed to have crazy ideas for what my tattoo could become

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@theamg12 140486 wrote:

What do you mean? Like find a great tattooist that would add to the design? I want it to be kindof minimalist too

Having it be minimalist is okay but the designs that you show are pretty weak. That is why you should find a great tattooist.
Google trash polka tattoos these are minimalist designs that are pretty cool

theamg12
Participant
@theamg12

Yeah youre right, But im not getting a tattoo just cause it looks cool, that would only be a bonus. I have a strong feeling of determination, willingness to protect others and never giving up. So i need a tattoo to represent those feelings. As protecting those i care about mean quite a lot to me. I just need some ideas of what could possibly represent them, Im not a fan of having words tattooed, just cause thats not my style. Any suggestions?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

What? You’re not getting the tattoo for it to look cool then you deserve a real shitty tattoo have fun with that

theamg12
Participant
@theamg12

im saying im not going to get a tattoo that means nothing to me just because it looks cool

theamg12
Participant
@theamg12

No im saying i dont want to get a tattoo that means nothing to me just because it looks cool yanno? Im just having a hard time figuring out how to express what i want

Panter
Participant
@panter

@theamg12 140491 wrote:

Yeah youre right, But im not getting a tattoo just cause it looks cool, that would only be a bonus. I have a strong feeling of determination, willingness to protect others and never giving up. So i need a tattoo to represent those feelings. As protecting those i care about mean quite a lot to me. I just need some ideas of what could possibly represent them, Im not a fan of having words tattooed, just cause thats not my style. Any suggestions?

You’re going about this arse about face.
The first job of a tattoo is to look cool, it’s just art, just a picture on your skin.
The personal qualities you’re so rightly proud of are to be displayed by your actions, not by an image.

In my opinion anyway.

Good luck!

theamg12
Participant
@theamg12

yeah but cant i want it to have meaning and look cool? I have my own personal opinions

ArniVidar
@arnividar

@theamg12 140496 wrote:

yeah but cant i want it to have meaning and look cool? I have my own personal opinions

Of course you can, but the primary point of a tattoo is to look good. It having some meaning is but a comfortable bonus.
Nobody drives into a garage and tells the guys “please fix and paint my car, but do it poorly”, regardless of the meaning behind that action. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.