Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Well I’ve got a date set for my next tattoo. It’ll be Friday April 18th. Gotta message my artist around the first of the month with all the details of this one. I’m thinking of making it much more universal than just the memorial idea I had. Currently I want to keep with the same theme of the pocket watch but maybe not include any sort of time at all, maybe have the glass over the clock cracked..representing endless time perhaps? Still going to stick with the pocket watch having it’s chain and everything and I’d still like to add autumn leaves along with it. So far that’s my idea anyway, I’m sure many of you remember the idea I previously had and I’m basically still sticking to it. This’ll be going on my shoulder I’m thinking, not sure where else to put this piece!

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Its so far away though. Lol.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I like the cracked glass idea

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’m on my way for another session.

I don’t know what I’ll be getting today.

(I’m taking smoked chicken halves, double smoked sweet bologna, Wisconsin Swiss cheese, Jalapeno mustard, and Triscuit crackers)

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

If you all remember this original idea was going to be a memorial for my uncle. I talked to my artist about it and he suggested maybe placing the pocket watch on an old train track or something like that with foliage around it but I’m wanting it to be more universal than that I think. I was going to depict 11:30 on the watch for the time of my uncle’s death but after thinking about it, I don’t know if I want that. Of course I may still have it sitting on a train track but i’d almost rather have the clock have broken glass and no time depicted at all, perhaps broken hands on the clock? We will see. Yes Jerry, it’s definitely a long time still. Figured I’d need to find a weekend to take off since it’s going to be a pain to take care of on my shoulder and i figured with that specific weekend being both Easter and my Fiance’s birthday it would work.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

How about sand seeping through the watch?

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Hmm that is an interesting idea. I’ll keep that in mind the more I think about it 🙂

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Now I’m definitely having a difficult time with what to do with this. I’m glad I’ve still got quite a while before I go and do it. I’m almost not wanting it to be a memorial now. I want it to be able to expand into something bigger, something that’ll cover my entire upper back. When I thought about something to do with my back I wanted to combine the light and dark elements of my sleeve into something awesome but I’m thinking this pocket watch and everything may not be it. I still want something that is autumn related hence why I would have the leaves included with the watch. Ugh..I’m so unsure right now..I thought I was dead set on it but now I’m not so sure again..

Suggestions if any?!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Go with the pocket watch

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@buttwheat 138819 wrote:

Go with the pocket watch

So much to think about with it…

This is currently what I have written down so I can relay it to my artist around the first of the month.

What I want: Old Fashioned Pocket Watch and chain. Glass broken or cracked. Watch hands either broken or signifying 11:30. Foliage including autumn colored leaves, perhaps a few appearing like they are blowing away. Wanting to be able to continue on the other shoulder, making it a full upper back piece.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I think I’ve decided to just start with an upper back piece right away with this new one. I’m going to still incorporate the pocket watch and chain and the leaves I want but after the thought randomly popping into my head I want to somehow incorporate an owl. The meanings behind owls are crazy and I think it would work perfectly. I found that owls represent wisdom, they are associated with magic, guardianship of the underworlds and protection of the dead. They also symbolize mystery, transition, intelligence, protection and secrets. They’ve also been considered spiritual mirrors and have also been called Dreamcatchers. I have also decided I want to incorporate my uncle’s birthday on the watch instead of his time of death. I’ve decided that I want this to be a reminder of him more so than a memorial like my grandpa piece I have on my calf. So the watch would read 5:4:57. Figured the hour would be 5, the minute would be 4 and then the second be 57. A little less than a month to go now and I can’t wait to give my artist my ideas here at the beginning of April. I really hope this works out but I will see what he has to say about it. Thoughts?

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I like the idea of using the birth date instead of the date of passing. And owls make cool tattoos. I am looking forward to seeing how this all comes together.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Whenever someone mentions owls I always get the same picture in my head lol

Bubo!

30maih3.jpg

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Call_me_Lola 138931 wrote:

I like the idea of using the birth date instead of the date of passing. And owls make cool tattoos. I am looking forward to seeing how this all comes together.

Yea like I said I want it to be more of a reminder rather than a memorial so I thought incorporating his date of birth would be better. I absolutely love the meaning behind owls in general and thought the combination of time and an owl would work. Still thinking of having the glass of the watch cracked or broken also. Not sure what owl to choose for this piece though, perhaps a Barn owl?

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

In exactly 18 days from tomorrow it’ll finally be ink time again 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.