Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

I haven’t been on the forum much since we had our first baby 6 weeks ago.

But I’ve been thinking about getting another tattoo to commemorate him. Not a portrait or footprint or anything like that.

His name is Aidan, an Irish name since my hubby’s family is Irish, so I was thinking about getting his name in a Celtic font on my ribs below my bra line. Like this: (sorry if its a weird size, I’m doing this from my phone)

7ABE2CDF-B98E-4A43-876C-13CADB63AA70-5342-0000030CEDBA6A5F_zpsd9f850b9.jpg

But I know text tattoos aren’t generally well-liked, so I have another idea…

His room and general theme is The Lion King. I’ve always loved that movie and when I was in like 7th grade wood shop class, I made a wooden Simba for my sister. Well for my baby shower, she framed it for me in a custom Lion King frame – she had kept that thing I made her after all these years, and it’s hanging in Aidan’s room.

So anyway, I was thinking of maybe the Simba symbol from the movie – which would still remind me of him but wouldn’t be something obvious like text. Only thing is I don’t know where is put it. Not sure it would look as nice as a rib piece as the text would. And I can’t put it anywhere were it would show at work (I wear short-sleeved scrub tops). Here’s an example of the symbol: (again sorry if its a weird size)

39A27753-6945-42D6-AD59-F3053DABD109-5342-0000030CFA1F4960_zpscee81fbe.jpg

Sorry for the long post. Just looking for some opinions from my tattoo friends ๐Ÿ™‚

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I like the idea and the image:-)

Depending on what size you want it, maybe on your chest?

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

How about taking to another level and getting a lion cub tattooed? If not realistic, maybe even a cartoon looking Simba.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Congrats on the rug rat your life will never be the same(much better now).

This is perfect
    39A27753-6945-42D6-AD59-F3053DABD109-5342-0000030CFA1F4960_zpscee81fbe.jpg

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚

I like the lion king symbol too – just not sure where to put it…

I want somewhere feminine… Already have my right hip and lower back done. I’d still like something on my side/ribs, but how do you think this design would look there? Then I was thinking maybe shoulder blade but then I’d have another tattoo that I can’t see without a mirror ๐Ÿ™ I’d like my wrist but I don’t think my work would appreciate that. Definitely not chest.. I’m not a chest tat kinda girl..

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Such a small tattoo will rarely look good on your ribs. What about ankle? Wrist would be a good placement, but your ankle could work as well.

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

I thought about ankle, but I’m not really in love with my ankles so I was kinda leaning away from that…

I wonder how pissed my boss would be if I got it on my wrist..lol. Not sure I’m brave enough to find out haha

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Maybe it will make you love your ankle more? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Why not just ask? ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s a small and sweet tattoo, I hardly think anyone is going to be offended by it.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I suggest your chest. Positioned that only a portion of it is visible. That would pique the interest in people that may or may not mention it.

My wife and I have (somewhat tacky) matching whales. You can usually see the tail poking out with most of her clothes. Mine is rarely visible.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

It might be cute on your foot. I’m thinking kind of on the outside in front of your ankle bone? I have stars there and I always love that when I’m getting out of the car wearing nice pumps or summer shoes, they are on the first part of me that peep out. The stars were my first tattoo, still love ’em.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Ok I guess you want it small then, so the chest idea sucks ๐Ÿ™‚

Get it on your earlobe ๐Ÿ™‚

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

@Call_me_Lola 130400 wrote:

It might be cute on your foot. I’m thinking kind of on the outside in front of your ankle bone? I have stars there and I always love that when I’m getting out of the car wearing nice pumps or summer shoes, they are on the first part of me that peep out. The stars were my first tattoo, still love ’em.

I like that idea! Do you have a pic of yours? I checked your gallery but don’t see it.

@peterpoose 130408 wrote:

Ok I guess you want it small then, so the chest idea sucks ๐Ÿ™‚

Get it on your earlobe ๐Ÿ™‚

Heh well not that small ๐Ÿ˜›

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

Congrates on the new addition and I think I like the foot area as well.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Thaela 130410 wrote:

I like that idea! Do you have a pic of yours? I checked your gallery but don’t see it.

I added an old picture of it to my album for you. Was taken right after I first un-bandaged it, if I remember correctly, so it looks a little weepy.

msmercury
    Participant
    @msmercury

Congratulations to you and your husband on your first baby!! Foot is a great choice for the tattoo you are looking to get. Keep us posted!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.