rachaelschill
    Participant
    @rachaelschill

most artist do not mind if you bring someone with you, almost everytime ive brought a friend with me so i had someone to talk to. also i find tattoos interesting to watch, so ive also gone with my boyfriend and friends. so id say yes take her with you!

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

After reading all of the comments, I decided to just send an email asking! Thanks!

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

I often take my mrs but she is really good friends with the artists as am im, i even mind there houses when they go on holidays as i was friends with them before they was tattooing, but like said above go with what your tattoo artist prefares.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Just bring the little lady over to my place I will keep her entertained for a few hours

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Don’t bring her if:
    – She’s gonna nag about the price, the design or way of doing things. This is your tattoo, she needs to stay out of it unless you’re getting a tribal.
    – If she’s gonna be constantly asking stupid questions. “Do a lot of people get stars/this quote/does it hurt/how about my pantyline etc
    – Gonna have other people drop by when she gets bored.

I work in a studio, and we have a policy that you can bring a friend, but only ONE, and no children. Shop assistants are not there to look after friends or babies. Most of the artists I work with don’t mind, most of them are chatty and like talking. But if you notice how the studio only has very uncomfortable chairs(except the ones for clients), that’s a good hint you shouldn’t bring friends ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I hardly ever bring people with me for my appointments, I’ll sometimes have a friend come by for a few minutes during long sessions just to take my mind of it, but that’s about it ๐Ÿ™‚ Only get tattooed by people I know very well and enjoy the company of these days, so never been an issue when I did! ๐Ÿ™‚

I have however come with friends when they got tattooed, mainly because they’ve been nervous, I knew the artist well, etc. Always got bored after like 30minutes.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Lots of good advice here already, but here is my 2 cents worth.

Watching someone else get a tattoo can get really boring pretty quickly. I had someone come once, to chat with me, but they kept trying to have a conversation when all I wanted to do was breathe. I also had some friends come down to a tattoo convention where I was getting some work done. They planned on being there for a number of hours but 20 minutes later they left and went to get a drink somewhere.

I am heading to Cali for an appointment in the fall, so a friend will be on the trip with me. I am having to convince her that the day of the tattoo she will be on her own. She keeps saying that she wants to come to the shop all day. Not going to happen. I do NOT want to entertain a friend during a tattoo. And it is a place of business – so they don’t want to entertain her either. She will be better off at the hotel pool.

So my advice: If she really wants to come then have her come to drop you off and she can leave when she gets bored. Then give her a call when you are near the end and she can come back, watch a few minutes and then give you a ride home. (This is assuming the artist got back to you that it was OK to bring someone.)

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 129976 wrote:

They planned on being there for a number of hours but 20 minutes later they left and went to get a drink somewhere.

The resourcefulness of my Canadian neighbors continues to overwhelm me.

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

Nice, sounds like a sweet road trip. Yeah he did, it’ll be fine for her to drop by later on in the tattoo, not during the first hour or so. We have a two year old, so if we can’t find a sitter for the day trip then she definitely won’t be able to come in lol. I’ve been talking so much about this for the last few months since I booked my appointment, I think she’s pretty excited too, or just excited for me to shut up about my upcoming appointment!

Riyko
    Participant
    @riyko

Even though it’s been answered really well, i’ll add more to the answers of my experience.

My first tattoo was crazy, the tattoo artist let everyone who came with me watch so 6 people, the room was small and over crowded and the artist was more interested in talking to them while tattooing me then talking to me (2 of those people were getting piercings and then the other was my mom who got me the tattoo for my 18th birthday). Never again with that many people and I even kept asking my aunts and cousins to leave as it was too crowded and they wouldn’t and the artist didn’t make them leave. This tattoo was done in Centralia, Washington.

My second tattoo when I got it done it was a health code violation to have anyone besides the artist and the person getting tattoo’d in the room, so much more relaxed and the lady was nice, talked to me the whole time so it felt like the tattoo only took 20 minutes instead of 45 minutes. I loved this situation, but felt alone as I would of loved to have one other person there. This tattoo was done in Toronto, Canada.

My third tattoo, the artist was the one who did all of my mom’s and my aunts tattoo’s so 8 total (which I watched him do), he’s okay with you bringing 2 other people with and in the room because it’s a big room, his only thing is if they get really loud they have to leave the room and sit in the lobby and they don’t allow anyone under 18 in the parlor at all (no exceptions). This tattoo was done in Layton, Utah.

That’s my experience in 3 different places and 3 different parlors, when I get my tattoo in Chile i’ll add that experience ๐Ÿ˜€

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Personally I always go alone when getting inked.

The pain is worth the quiet time from my wife ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.